• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Southwest PRS 2017 Club Finale October 7, 2017

ctressler

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 11, 2008
Flagstaff, AZ
Sign up for the Southwest PRS 2017 Club Finale with this link. https://practiscore.com/southwest-regional-prs-club-finale-at-big-sandy/register

Match starts: October 07, 2017 @ 8:00 AM

Southwest Regional PRS Club Finale at the Big Sandy Range near Wikieup, AZ. This is a 1-day match open to all shooters in the PRS southwest region (California, Arizona, Nevada), regardless of league, series or club affiliation. Squadding will not take place through Practiscore

All are welcome to participate! You must register through Practiscore before the September 25th.

Match Fee: $100

Had a few questions about this if you don't mind. The website was a little vague too.

Ive never done PRS but want to get into it, this looks like the closest thing to me (I'm in Yuma, AZ).

What would an expected round count be?

What would potencial lodging or camp site look like up there? (Not sure I'd want to do all that driving same day)

The rifle I'd be looking to use is a very accurate 6.5Grendel AR15. Would I be able/allowed to go against bolt guns? Is that an own division thing? Is there even a gas gun division at this match?

thank you greatly for your time

Round count 100
Lodging would be about 40 min away in Kingman, check with the MD about camping but it's primitive.
You sure can, make sure you have data out to around 1200yds
No divisions that I'm aware of.

Here is a little more info:

https://www.facebook.com/events/703293106537228/?acontext={"action_history":"[%7B%5C%22surface%5C%22%3A%5C%22page%5C%22%2C%5C%22mechanism%5C%22%3A%5C%22page_upcoming_events_card%5C%22%2C%5C%22extra_data%5C%22%3A[]%7D]%22%2C%22has_source%22%3Atrue%7D

Couldn't get that link to work. I've seen the link from the OP for the event though.

I think im just lacking experience to put all this stuff I've read into effect. Never even seen a match other than YouTube. A lot will probably make way more sense than I'm thinking it will

I am in the same boat.... Would love to attend but have never done a PRS event before....or any event for that matter. Have a custom tactical Rem 700 in 300 win mag that I would like to shoot....bolt of course. Is that allowed?

How many rounds should I bring 10rds, 100rds, 1000rds?

What about camping on site? I am driving from Los Angeles.

I am in the same boat.... Would love to attend but have never done a PRS event before....or any event for that matter. Have a custom tactical Rem 700 in 300 win mag that I would like to shoot....bolt of course. Is that allowed?

How many rounds should I bring 10rds, 100rds, 1000rds?

What about camping on site? I am driving from Los Angeles.

Bolt guns are definitely allowed as are gas guns. If you don't have dope out to 1200 yards, then know your muzzle velocity and someone should be able to help you get "try me" dope. . This match is 100 rounds, so you'd want to bring 100 rounds and possible a few extra to check the zero on your rifle. There is camping on site, but as mattsnuked mentioned, it's primitive. If you're going to camp, you'll be in good company as there are shooters from all over the SW planning to do the same on Friday and Saturday nights. Be sure to bring plenty of water with you.

The MD opened this match up to anyone from the SW, so please consider attending. Sign up in advance on Practiscore using the link at the top of this thread so the match director will have an accurate head count. At the match, ask questions, pay attention to what the other shooters are doing, and have fun.