• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SP10 builder kit with +3 gas

RickyRodney

Private
Minuteman
May 4, 2014
MD
Has anyone built out a kit for +3 gas? Gonna do a 22” +3 6mm creed for coyotes. Let me know. Pictures would be great.

No, but I have a 6.5 Creedmoor with a 22" and a +2" gas system. Works great.

What do you need a +3 for that a +2 won't do?

With a 6mm Creedmoor, it will shoot smoother than a 6.5 Creedmoor, which is already pretty smooth.

But there is more that affects recoil than gas system length. Do you plan to use a muzzle brake or a suppressor, or just a bare muzzle? Standard weight bolt carrier or lightweight bolt carrier? Adjustable gas block or fixed? What buffer system?

With a 6mm Creedmoor, it will shoot smoother than a 6.5 Creedmoor, which is already pretty smooth.

But there is more that affects recoil than gas system length. Do you plan to use a muzzle brake or a suppressor, or just a bare muzzle? Standard weight bolt carrier or lightweight bolt carrier? Adjustable gas block or fixed? What buffer system?
Suppressor, RCA titanium carrier, JP SCS, adjustable gas block. Gun is basically going to be a range toy a coddled hunting rifle.

Suppressor, RCA titanium carrier, JP SCS, adjustable gas block. Gun is basically going to be a range toy a coddled hunting rifle.

That setup us pretty similar to mine. You're going to have so little recoil with that setup.

To give you an idea of my setup:
22" 6.5 Creedmoor barrel with +2" gas system
Adjustable gas block
Area419 muzzle brake
JP low mass bolt carrier
JP SCS