• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SP10 won't reset trigger during cycling

canezach

House of Chingasos
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 18, 2014
    Colorado
    I encountered this annoyance at a match today. I'd fire a round, bolt would cycle normally, i.e., extract, eject, feed a new round, etc, but for some reason, I had a dead trigger. I am shooting suppressed and my gas block is tuned to my suppressor, if that matters, but like I said, it would cycle perfectly and lock back on an empty mag. It's a stock Seekins SP10 so the trigger is a Timney two stage. I dropped the mag and round, did a function check, and it worked fine. Reinsert the mag, fired a round or two, dead trigger again. I wiped down the trigger with a rag, and it worked for about ten rounds, but then back to dead trigger. I couldn't replicate the issue. It was just a random event.

Last edited:
    Almost sounds like a primer in trigger, causing a malfunction.
    Any cases missing a primer?

Reactions: rpoL98 and 6.5SH
    Almost sounds like a primer in trigger, causing a malfunction.
    Any cases missing a primer?
    No cases missing a primer and no primer in the trigger. Also updated that this wasn't an isolated incident or something i could replicate.

I know Rise triggers will do something similar. Never happens during live fire, though. At least for me.

No cases missing a primer and no primer in the trigger. Also updated that this wasn't an isolated incident or something i could replicate.
    Ahhhh….got it.
    I’ll find the Timney 2 stage I have and get some pictures of what probably needs adjustment.
    Much easier to do with pictures.

Do you hold trigger back through the BCG cycling?

Reactions: jb0311
    Ahhhh….got it.
    I’ll find the Timney 2 stage I have and get some pictures of what probably needs adjustment.
    Much easier to do with pictures.

Do you hold trigger back through the BCG cycling?
    When firing? Yes, I keep the trigger pressed to the rear until the BCG has picked up and chambered the next round

Easy solution shit can the Timney Trigger or send it back to Timney for repair, as much as it pains me to say this the LaRue MBT is a better option. I run TriggerTech in all mine, no issue and a far superior trigger.

Easy solution shit can the Timney Trigger or send it back to Timney for repair, as much as it pains me to say this the LaRue MBT is a better option. I run TriggerTech in all mine, no issue and a far superior trigger.

This. Timney AR triggers are garbage. I've had issues with their bolt gun triggers too.

I forget what trigger it was but I had a similar issue where the primer anvil got under the trigger cartridge
    and it would kill the trigger, only found it when I removed the trigger.

Reactions: BCP
    I bet the hammer is getting stuck under the disconnector. You could have probably reset the trigger by pushing the trigger shoe forward with your finger. I got rid of the Timney AR triggers. They either have creep or they do what you described. Deal with one or the other or swap it.

Well, I have a TT Diamond on order. It just sucks that I had to wait 18 fucking months for Seekins to finally send me my rifle and now I'm dealing with a shitty trigger. Everything about purchasing this rifle has left me with regret

Well, I have a TT Diamond on order. It just sucks that I had to wait 18 fucking months for Seekins to finally send me my rifle and now I'm dealing with a shitty trigger. Everything about purchasing this rifle has left me with regret

Why didn't you just buy one off of gun Broker??

Seekins commercial sales did suffer for awhile due to them picking up a Mil Contract but they are pushing them out to the civies on a frequent frequent basis now.

And there are quite a few threads on how shitty Timney Triggers are so that's on you.

Seekins CS and products are one of the best in the industry, and your not going to find a better rifle under $4000 compared to what you have, welcome to the world of Precision Large Frame Gasser's, their machines.. and shit happens.

Reactions: Mike4837 and BCP
    Why didn't you just buy one off of gun Broker??

Seekins commercial sales did suffer for awhile due to them picking up a Mil Contract but they are pushing them out to the civies on a frequent frequent basis now.

And there are quite a few threads on how shitty Timney Triggers are so that's on you.

Seekins CS and products are one of the best in the industry, and your not going to find a better rifle under $4000 compared to what you have, welcome to the world of Precision Large Frame Gasser's, their machines.. and shit happens.
    I didn't really care about the lead time, per se. It was everything that occurred as soon as it was ready. The lead time was originally something like 4 to 5 when I first ordered it in April 2021. They blew past that into 8 or 9 months. When that came and went, it was one thing after another until it was finally ready in mid September 2022. They had my FFL on file, but couldn't get in touch with my FFL, so they called me and said I now had 24 hours to get the FFL worked out or they were selling my rifle to someone else. That's really where the regret started. I'm not disappointed, but it's not exactly blowing me away, either

And i posted asking about the trigger back in August 2021 when the original lead time has just elapsed, thinking I'd have one in hand in a couple of months. People said it was decent but not great, some said it had creep, but no one said anything about the trigger failing to reset even when the BCG cycled. I wanted to know if I should have a trigger on order so I could drop it in as soon as the rifle showed up. I only have about 300 rounds through the rifle, so having a shit trigger is just compounding my frustration

Last edited:
    When I had a TT (Adaptable maybe?) in my AR15, I had the same issue when I lowered the weight a but too light. When I adjusted it to the medium setting it worked fine.

Never had issues with my Giessele SD-E, Larue MBT 2S Flat, and the Centurion Arms 2 stage.

I ran into the same issue with a Larue MBT trigger. Turns out it was the CMC anti walk trigger pins i was using. Swapped back to the factory pins that came with the Larue trigger and solved the issue. I had taken it apart several times to fully clean beforehand as well.

That MBT was in an AR15 spikes lower. I havent had this issue with the SP10 with either the factory single stage Timney it came with or the SSA-E I swapped in.

I didn't really care about the lead time, per se. It was everything that occurred as soon as it was ready. The lead time was originally something like 4 to 5 when I first ordered it in April 2021. They blew past that into 8 or 9 months. When that came and went, it was one thing after another until it was finally ready in mid September 2022. They had my FFL on file, but couldn't get in touch with my FFL, so they called me and said I now had 24 hours to get the FFL worked out or they were selling my rifle to someone else. That's really where the regret started. I'm not disappointed, but it's not exactly blowing me away, either

And i posted asking about the trigger back in August 2021 when the original lead time has just elapsed, thinking I'd have one in hand in a couple of months. People said it was decent but not great, some said it had creep, but no one said anything about the trigger failing to reset even when the BCG cycled. I wanted to know if I should have a trigger on order so I could drop it in as soon as the rifle showed up. I only have about 300 rounds through the rifle, so having a shit trigger is just compounding my frustration

All part of the fun of backordering an expensive rifle. It seems to me you could either send the whole rifle to seekins or send the trigger straight to timney. Larue has lots of triggers in stock right now, mine got to me within 4 days of ordering.

I just had the same thing happen today with my AR10 with an SSA-E trigger, but it was intermittent and my session ended when a case got stuck and the primer blew out. I didn't have a rod to get it out. This was the first outing after a barrel removal for dimpling so I'm going to check headspace but don't think it's that. Will clean and try again next week.

Last edited:
    I just had the same thing happen today with my AR10 SASS with an SSA-E trigger, but it was intermittent and my session ended when a case got stuck and the primer blew out. I didn't have a rod to get it out. This was the first outing after a barrel removal for dimpling so I'm going to check headspace but don't think it's that. Will clean and try again next week.
    Handloads?

Geissele national match with adjustable sear will fix this issue. Any time you are trying to hold extremely tight sear engagement it can be hit or miss depending on trigger pin hole location. Too much sear and you have creepy trigger pull, too little and you get hammer follow / dead trigger or possibly accidental full auto. The adjustable sear solves this.

Reactions: mewillis and BCP