• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SP10M .308 Failure to eject

Kein Mitleid

Berm Sniper
Minuteman
Jun 23, 2020
I’ve been trying to resolve a FTE issue with this rifle for a while now, curious to the forum’s thoughts on this.

.308 SP10M (seekins AR10). The gun has an adjustable gas block which is staked in place. I’m running Gen 3 pmags. I run federal Sierra gold match ammo 175 grain but I’ve tried Nosler and few other match ammunition’s without success. I’ve run 168 Grain as well, also without sucess.

Happens from a bench, happens from prone, happens when shouldered.

The only thing it will consistently do is fail to eject the brass. Sometimes it will be laying on the mag, sometime it will jam between the port and the bolt. It will often prevent the incoming round from feeding and I’ll need to drop the mag out to resolve it.

Sometimes it will function perfectly on the first two-three rounds then experience a failure to eject after that.

I sent it back to Seekins after the first few trips to the range with this. They reamed the chamber and the gas port. They also added a rubber o-ring to the extractor spring. They ran a few mags through it, without issue.

After it gets back to me, I ran a mag through with success then next mag has a failure to eject.

Recently trip to the range has similar failures , i went up and down on gas settings at this point without any significant improvement,

I’d like to resolve this issue, but on the plus side I’ve become really fucking good at clearing jams.

Last edited:
I’ve been trying to resolve a FTE issue with this rifle for a while now, curious to the forum’s thoughts on this.

.308 SP10M (seekins AR10). The gun has an adjustable gas block which is staked in place. I’m running Gen 3 pmags. I run federal Sierra gold match ammo 175 grain but I’ve tried Nossler and few other match ammunition’s without success. I’ve run 168 Grain as well, also without sucess.

Happens from a bench, happens from prone, happens when shouldered.

The only thing it will consistently do is fail to eject the brass. Sometimes it will be laying on the mag, sometime it will jamb between the port and the bolt. It will often prevent the incoming round from feeding and I’ll need to drop the mag out to resolve it.

Sometimes it will function perfectly on the first two-three rounds then experience a failure to eject after that.

I sent it back to Seekins after the first few trips to the range with this. They reamed the chamber and the gas port. They also added a rubber o-ring to the extractor spring. They ran a few mags through it, without issue.

After it gets back to me, I ran a mag through with success then next mag has a failure to eject.

Recently trip to the range has similar failures , i went up and down on gas settings at this point without any significant improvement,

I’d like to resolve this issue, but on the plus side I’ve become really fucking good at clearing jambs.
What magazines and are the failures attributed to 1 specific magazine or brand of magazine or is it virtually all mags you've tried?

Check your ejector to see if the plunger is moving freely. If not, remove ejector and ejector spring, clean it and the ejector channel, do not use grease or excessive amounts of oil on the ejector (1 drop of oil will do).

Spoke to them today, It’s heading back to them.

I’m using gen 3 Pmags, I’ve tried three of them but I have not tried other magazines.

Sounds good, I’ll take a look at the ejector before I box it up.

The ejectors are moving freely, the bolt has two ejectors in this setup.

The extractor should be fine, I have tried their springs and for posterity I tried and extra power spring setup. Both present same issue and when I extract the brass manually it comes normally.

One thing I failed to mention in my opening post is that If I load a single round in the magazine, I can chamber it normally and it will function seemingly completely normal, it will send the brass out at about 3:00. It’s only with a magazine loaded with multiple rounds that these issues present and persist.

Last edited:
The ejectors are moving freely, the bolt has two ejectors in this setup.

The extractor should be fine, I have tried their springs and for posterity I tried and extra power spring setup. Both present same issue and when I extract the brass manually it comes normally.

One thing I failed to mention in my opening post is that If I load a single round in the magazine, I can chamber it normally and it will function seemingly completely normal, it will send the brass out at about 3:00. It’s only with a magazine loaded with multiple rounds that these issues present and persist.
This is a potential sign of excessive upward pressure from the magazine and ammo causing drag along the under side of your BCG. Make sure you tell Seekins what the issue is (FTE with loaded mag). The issue could be the following - mag catch out of positioning the magazine to tall into the magwell, BCG feed lip channel too shallow, BCG ramp to tall, lower receiver magazine catch slot machined too high. Could be just an issue that came up due to tolerance stacking or could be part out of spec.

Interim "solution" is to increase gas or if you're at the limit of gas increase, to lower the buffer weight. The issue with this short term "solution" as your magazine empties, you'll become increasingly overgassed. Also remember to generously lubricate the bolt carrier rails.

Last edited:
How many rounds have been fired through it ? ( Approx. )

I assume it has been properly cleaned and lubed ? ( Chamber specifically )

Does the fired brass have any odd marks on them ?

I had the exact same issue in my SP-10M in .260. Failure to eject every 3-5 rounds, brand new out of the box. Put about 460 rounds through it before sending it back. The re-reamed the chamber, and replaced the ejectors/springs. Since I got it back I've put 60 rounds through it without malfunction. Can't say that I trust that it's fixed, but it seems to be (until proven otherwise).

I actually know of at least 2 other people that have had similar issues with both M and civilian variants.

For what it's worth, Seekins was more than willing to provide an RMA to get the gun fixed. Unfortunately, after having spent that kind of money on a rifle and knowing of the issues with other rifles, I'm not sure I'd recommend it. Great accuracy for a gas gun, but I don't have the warm and fuzzy that it can perform in ideal conditions, much less if it was dirty/sandy/wet, etc.

@Glen Seekins does come by here, maybe he can shed some light on these new issues.

Also be nice to know when we might actually start seeing SP10 rifles and Builder kits back on the shelves.
I was told last week there’s a supply chain issue with their BCGs and it’s looking like summer time for my order placed in January.

My buddy is still waiting for his sp10. We ordered on the same day two years ago. I got mine about 8 months ago

• Wow
Reactions: wade2big
Yeah and you still haven't posted a range report yet you dirty bastard...lol
Lol I need a .264 expander button for my Wilson die to straighten out some case necks on my Lapua brass. That’s what holding me up bro. I’ll get there !!

Much appreciated on the additional suggestions. I’ll be curious to see what the issue is. I’m waiting on a box from them and in the interim inspected a few things and it continues to pass all the checks.

An empty mag drops freely when the mag release is pressed.

It has one piece gas rings, so I’m not sure how to check them but they were replaced last time around and has maybe 50 rounds through it since then.

It’s well lubed and cleaned.

Seekins serviced the rifle and ran 30 rounds of 168gr Sierra match federal. They ended up replacing the bolt carrier group. The reasoning provided was that the previous BCG had been made by a supplier and the new version is fully in-house.

The turn around is extremely fast, service very professional. I hope this rifle runs great because the company is fantastic to work with.

Will follow up with a range report.