• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SP10M vs SP10

Don-n-Texas

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 17, 2011
Houston now in Denton County
I have a SP10. I not sure what can be done to make it better. I am very satisfied with it.

What is the cost of SP10M. All I see different is the adjustable gas block. Can some one point to difference

Reactions: bnjuo
I have a SP10. I not sure what can be done to make it better. I am very satisfied with it.

What is the cost of SP10M. All I see different is the adjustable gas block. Can some one point to difference
The sp10 comes standard with the select lever adjustable gas block, thicker barrel profile at the gasblock journal and forward, and the barrel extension is bonded to the upper.

Reactions: Don-n-Texas
If it’s not shooting great, install a Bartlein. Not much else left for performance, could dress it up with some Radian parts.

I’ve had the 10, a 10 with the M barrel and a GAP10 which is a 10 with a PRS stock, Bartlein barrel with the nicer adjustable gas block and I’m sure George does some extra work to get them right.

Reactions: Don-n-Texas

Do you have the updated SP10 with the extended gas system?

Here a link to my first SP10 outlining some of the fun I had with it.

I have a second SP10 that has a custom heavy Contour Bartlein in her now and it's a constant Sub 1/2 MOA rifle usually in the .3's

I like both the PR Carbon Barrels I have but I really enjoy the extra weight you get from the SS barrels.

A couple options besides buying directly from seeks are look in the PX. They range from $1900 (steal) for a .260 recently to $3500 currently for a .308
Otherwise get the builders kit from Seekins for $900 and customize the way you want.

I’m not sure. I’m trying to figure out what to get.
You haven't specified what caliber your SP10 is, if you have the older 6.5CM with the Rifle Length Gas then it's worth upgrading to a Bartlein with a +2 gas system. If you're shooting .308 or 6.5CM with the updated Gas System then I'd so no not at the moment I'd just shoot out the OEM Barrel and make the upgrade later.

IMO opinion the current SP10's are ready to go out of the box with maybe the exception of the Trigger, I'm just not a fan of the Timney drop-in triggers there's quite a few better choice out right now like the TriggerTech Diamond including the new Single stage version.

Reactions: lte82 and db2000
Or chop the barrel to 18” and rifle length runs great

Otherwise get the builders kit from Seekins for $900 and customize the way you want.
If you can find them, I don't think they are releasing any at the moment, I think all their efforts are going to complete rifles and their new Mil Contract.

One thing people need to remember when buying Seekins thier custom service is second to none say JP. Good CS makes a HUGE different in your overall experience and if you actually use your rifles more then likely you're going to need something at some point. At $2500-$2600 the SP10 is the best deal going now that checks ALL the boxes.

I do however agree with the above statement if your competent enough to build your own that's the way to go all day long.

If you can find them, I don't think they are releasing any at the moment, I think all their efforts are going to complete rifles and their new Mil Contract.
Agreed. They told me that. Took almost a year for mine last year. I had to finally say enough is enough to them as they quoted 3-6 months initially. I just said don’t sell them then if you don’t want to actually ship them 🤣

SP10M:

- Heavier Bartlein barrel, bonded to upper.
- Lever adjustable gas block, longer gas system.
- Dual, longer buffer spring.

I think that's about it.

And a thousand dollars.

I’m now sure I bought the right one. For me the Commerical SP10 is the right one.

I’m not sure about getting a suppresser. After watching the video I’m thinking in favor of getting one. I’m thinking maybe TBAC 5”.

Last edited:
SP10M:

- Heavier Bartlein barrel, bonded to upper.
- Lever adjustable gas block, longer gas system.
- Dual, longer buffer spring.

I think that's about it.
They do not use Bartlein barrels!... They use the same Rock Creek barrels they use on their standard sp10s with just a different profile. GA Precision is the one that uses Bartlein barrels in their builds

Reactions: Charger442
- Dual, longer buffer spring

Can anyone explain if these are stacked or intertwined together?

Thanks

They do not use Bartlein barrels!... They use the same Rock Creek barrels they use on their standard sp10s with just a different profile. GA Precision is the one that uses Bartlein barrels in their builds
My bad, I stand corrected.

I got mine delivered from Seekins October of 2021. The gas block is set back from the front of the hand guard 1 3/8“ . I guess you can say it’s -1-3/8”
I don’t really know what that means. Should I call Seekins and ask.

Is the Bartlein worth the extra grand + for the Gap-10 G2?

I got mine delivered from Seekins October of 2021. The gas block is set back from the front of the hand guard 1 3/8“ . I guess you can say it’s -1-3/8”
I don’t really know what that means. Should I call Seekins and ask.
I dont think they updated the gas system until recently. I got a SP10 6.5CM a few months ago and it can with what i believe is a +1” or +1.5” rifle length. Shorter than the SP10M +2” system, but it shoots very soft for me both suppressed and unsuppressed.

Reactions: bigjake83
It won't cost $1000 to upgrade the barrel.

I could do a Bartlein for around $700 using your current bolt as long as you don't want fluting or paint.
Sorry, I poorly articulated my question. The difference between the Seekins and the GAP in price is $1000+ and it looks like the only difference in the barrel. Is it worth the extra money? Or do they shoot similar?

Sorry, I poorly articulated my question. The difference between the Seekins and the GAP in price is $1000+ and it looks like the only difference in the barrel. Is it worth the extra money? Or do they shoot similar?
Can't speak to the GAP since I don't own one. But my SP10 is a consistent 3/4 MOA gun, sometimes less, with a variety of loads. Fory purposes, I wouldn't pay another $1000 if it was chasing slight accuracy improvements from there. The gains at distance aren't that big. I am fairly new to large frame gas guns so it could likely tighten up. I am also sure I could chase load development, but having found a load at 42gr H4350 with a super wide accuracy node in the first hundred rounds, I would rather save my barrel for it's intended use.

Now if it was a 1/8 MOA guarantee like TacOps KMR builds, I would likely do that.

Great Gun. Well made gun. Bought mine and still see them on Gun Broker. I've had mine for 1 year, and I love it. Purchased from an older gentleman from Minnesota. Rogers has HeviMetal and Black Cloud 10 ga cases on sale....better get some while you can.
What the hell do shotshells have to do with this thread?? I suspect a chatbot, you should post a picture of your Seekins with your screen name as a bona fides.

Reactions: NHPiper
What the hell do shotshells have to do with this thread?? I suspect a chatbot, you should post a picture of your Seekins with your screen name as a bona fides.
I dont think he’s talking about a Seekins. Only true decendants of Nimrod turn to the mighty 10 gauge for their skybusting needs! lol

7540CFD9-16C5-4005-898D-FC22CF9A289E.jpeg