• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SP901

gunslotreaper308

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 26, 2010
AZ
Does anyone know the expected MSRP of the SP901 (civi CM901). I was told at SHOT that Colt would release MSRP in the spring and begin sales in the second half of 2011. It looks like they're running a little behind. If anyone has contacts at Colt or knows a rep.... I'm currently holding off on getting a MWS in hopes that the SP901 won't run $3K+. Any info is appreciated. Thanks.

Re: SP901

I took the Colt AR/M-16 armorers class a few weeks ago taught by one of their builders. On a break I asked him about the SP901 and he had no idea of what I was talking about. I have had little lujck with input or opinions of this system. Still wondering. Jeff

Things are still sorta in the dark. Hell, even some Colt employees aren't familiar with any of it.

I can say that it has my attention though....

As of about a week ago, I know that Colt through their reps were still saying Q4 2011 as a tentative date for the SP901s hitting the market and that NO MSRP had been determined at this time. Anything that you see otherwise is likely pure guesstimates from distributors/dealers/etc. who are doing their best to drum up interest in/business for this new offering. Hell, some people have been saying the MSRP will be $3k while others have been saying $1,500. With wild guesses like that...who the hell knows (but for Colt's sake...I hope to hell it isn't anywhere close to the $3k mark or they are going to be sitting on piles of them until the price comes down)!!
wink.gif