• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Space Force

JG26_Irish

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 17, 2013
Morehead, KY
A few months ago, the President eluded to the formation of a new military branch called "Space Force"

I was wondering what the members of the Hide thought about it and what sort of capabilities would such a force require? I will offer a few of my personal ideas:

1. All drone/autonomous type space vehicles.
2. Pre-placement of satellites with offensive/defensive capabilities to attack both enemy satellites and enemy ground tgts.
3. Protection of and hardening of our GPS, and SATCom assets to prevent their destruction. After all ARMY use of smart coms for rapid kinetic activity live by knowing who is where, when faster than the other guys. Preserve OODA capacity.
4. New, smaller, lighter, more lethal weapons systems for aerial/space use. I could see a hunter/killer SAT in our future with a small, hi-vel recoiless projectile for stand off SAT-kill duty.
5. More potent explosives that do not degrade in heat/cold/vacuum of space. Imagine a missile the size of a kitchen match with a warhead the size of a BB but the explosive power of a lb of C4? Not possible today? We did not need it until now. Find a way.
6. Seriously upgraded drone forces. Imagine a drone the size of a fly also loaded with one of them BB sized warheads. It buzzes into the enemies HQ and lights on the wall, where it listens to and transmits the NME commander's conversations and mind set and just as he is about to issue the order to attack, it flies up his nose and goes "Poof". Now, drop 10,000 of these D-flies from low earth orbit to travel to every NME combat unit to sit and listen and cut off the head of the snake. Demo this capability a few times and then tell the NME leadership that they are next if they do not cease & desist.
7. Have a horsefly version drone with enough oomph to disable a tank or a large aircraft. Pre-position them in the cockpits of the NME vehicles and upon any form of hostile act, trigger all of them.
8. Tiny, long life battery technology to power these wonderments. Couple them with PV coatings to extend batt life.
9. I could see space borne drone carriers that operate as aircraft carriers do today to house and transport combat assets around the globe until needed. These might sit in orbit for years before needed. Place in advance via rocket. Deploy just like a swarm of bees from space. You can send one or 1-thousand.
10. Some drones are capable of self navigation to a point near a tgt and then taken over by manned operators for final mission control. Others might be fully automated from start to finish. These will enable a new breed of sniper to take out single tgts with extreme accuracy and zero collateral damage if desired.
11. Imagine a squad of spec ops commando's advancing toward a tgt with 500 of these killer bees flying ahead of them using thermal imaging and silence to infiltrate and vaporize the enemy's heads in advance of any human assets setting foot on any locale. How does an NME combatant manage to stay focused on the job at hand when he is constantly worried about being smoked by a honey bee sized drone that he cannot see, hear or counter? These arrive silently from orbital carriers and are dispatched in whatever number is anticipated. Death sounds like a misquito. In the first 10 sec of the engagement the opposition loses all of its commanders and 90% of its soldiers. Some are spared for interrogation. The sound of battle is replaced by a rapid fire pop, pop, pop of tiny explosive charges no louder than a subsonic 22 as they do their dirty jobs.
12. When explosives are not needed or not appropriate, then make the warhead capable of doing whatever will get the job done. Toxin, drugs, heat, EMP, pick yer answer.

I am not seeing manned space vehicles as the backbone of Space Force. Just the opposite. The operators will be ensconced within hardened bunkers as safe and secure as possible so that they can perform suicide missions with their drones and then saddle up a new one to rinse and repeat. That is some of my nightmare ideas. What are yours?

While much of what you say will likely happen in the mid future, a separate space force is a waste of fucking money when the Air Force is already tasked with controlling space: https://www.afspc.af.mil/

This is probably one of Trump's dumbest ideas

Personally, I think it is a good idea (I know, not popular). It keeps the funding lines separate, and let's them focus on one environment, rather than have them run by a bunch of jet jockeys (who would have never allowed the proliferation of drones, if they had had their way).

Nope, let the space bubbleheads run their own show, and let the air breathers run the air breather shit.

Eventually it would make sense to fold the bulk of Air force terrestrial operations back into the Army and then have the Space Force which does all the ICBMs, High atmosphere stuff, strategic interceptors, as well as out of atmosphere stuff. Then those were in the Air force could go to either the Army or the Space force depending on what they were doing.

Reactions: 12Bravo
It is a good idea. But lets concentrate on battling evil people in space, and not little green men. I know the libs that like the space force branch only like it because theyre afraid of an alien invasion.

While much of what you say will likely happen in the mid future, a separate space force is a waste of fucking money when the Air Force is already tasked with controlling space: https://www.afspc.af.mil/

This wasn’t trumps idea, I remember the UsAF talking about space and missiles breaking off to form a new branch back in 2011.

Reactions: Bender
This wasn’t trumps idea, I remember the UsAF talking about space and missiles breaking off to form a new branch back in 2011.

Actually, when I was in Air Force Space Command in 1997, we were talking of a separate Space Command...people were convinced it would happen within 5 years.

And up until the the Challenger disaster in 1986 (not in AF yet) the plan was that USAF was going to assume operation of the some of the--albeit larger--shuttle fleet from NASA....

ZY

I bet it is not a technological idea, but an administrative one. It looks like there are several space related programs of the military nature here and there, so it obviously makes practical sense to combine them together under a single command.

evidently the AF cant do its job good enough, time to get rid of them money wasting frat boys and roll that shit back into the Army, fuck them A10 hating blue bellied fucktards.

our whole fed gov is a waste of money and a danger to us all, excepting the post office and the military,

evidently the AF cant do its job good enough, time to get rid of them money wasting frat boys and roll that shit back into the Army, fuck them A10 hating blue bellied fucktards.

our whole fed gov is a waste of money and a danger to us all, excepting the post office and the military,

You forgot..."And buy more fucking ammo!" :)

Eventually it would make sense to fold the bulk of Air force terrestrial operations back into the Army and then have the Space Force which does all the ICBMs, High atmosphere stuff, strategic interceptors, as well as out of atmosphere stuff. Then those were in the Air force could go to either the Army or the Space force depending on what they were doing.

That's one way to raise the average IQ of the Army.

The testosterone level of the AF would go up much higher than the possibly small increase in the IQ of the Army.

As would the divorce rate among existing soldiers would soar as their wives realize they can have husbands that speak more than monosyllable words.

I think that a satellite fielding ablative coated iron rod kinetic penetrators in synchronous orbit over the US/Mexican border could be more effective than a border wall. For a start.

I'd think inconel or alloy 22 would be better...but how much do you spend on (basically) dropping a rock?

I think an invasion of mexico to punish them for dumping 1/3rd of their poor into our country would be a start.

Probably need to think about full regime change and give them a new constitution somewhat based on ours, that first and foremost has an iron clad guarantee for all citizens to have weapons and firearms, including all military style ones with no loopholes for slimy politicians.

Probably also encourage all the newly armed citizens to drain their own swamp of all the corrupt people at every level of government and power there.

It would be a good start.

Reactions: Sean the Nailer
well i want to keep the northern 1/3rd of the country after we push the population south. compensation for all the money spent on their refuse and Turing them into great Americans.

Probably need to think about full regime change and give them a new constitution somewhat based on ours, that first and foremost has an iron clad guarantee for all citizens to have weapons and firearms, including all military style ones with no loopholes for slimy politicians.

Probably also encourage all the newly armed citizens to drain their own swamp of all the corrupt people at every level of government and power there.

It would be a good start.

I think an invasion of mexico to punish them for dumping 1/3rd of their poor into our country would be a start.
The_Mouse_That_Roared_British_Poster.jpg

Fuck that. I'm not rebuilding Mexico.

Reactions: Barneybdb
well i want to keep the northern 1/3rd of the country after we push the population south. compensation for all the money spent on their refuse and Turing them into great Americans.

That seems fair.

I'm also going to say we take the rest of California from them as well in payment, that gives us one less border to worry about.

Reactions: Fig and ArmyJerry
Baja is gorgeous and very unpopulated. California is gorgeous for that matter. It would be paradise without the 90% of the population who are commie fucktards.

Sounds like a little clean up is called for then....

L Ron Hubbard wrote about space warfare back in the '30s. Nothing new.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

How much time do Space Cadets have to put in before you become a Guardian ?

"watchmen" would have been a much better name

They probably come with all the woke he/him labeled nametags and of course thick of all the diversity boxes.

Yeah if this is to defend us from "Aliens," as some believe....if another form of life has the technology to travel to our planet.....ummm good luck.

Yeah if this is to defend us from "Aliens," as some believe....if another form of life has the technology to travel to our planet.....ummm good luck.
.....as much as the MSM wants you to believe its to defend from aliens or some shit to make trump look like a moron.....

its really more to do with military assets in space....like spy satellites, communications, and ICBM detection.....essentially taking those functions away from the Airforce and rolling them into their own command.....which isnt a terrible idea honestly.

.....as much as the MSM wants you to believe its to defend from aliens or some shit to make trump look like a moron.....

its really more to do with military assets in space....like spy satellites, communications, and ICBM detection.....essentially taking those functions away from the Airforce and rolling them into their own command.....which isnt a terrible idea honestly.

Yeah I figured as much, that makes sense. And what probably also efforts to disable those functions for other countries, like china and russia?