• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Spacer under Turret for Zero Stop

usmcmk12

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 4, 2013
California
Has anyone used a metal spacer beneath their Scope's Elevation Turret to "rig" a zero stop? I have a Leupold Mark 4 ERT 6-20 with the M5 Turrets (the Mil ones without the zero stop from the factory) and was going to try to put a metal spacer below the turret to make my own zero stop. Think it will work and not screw anything up? Has anyone done anything like this? Thanks for the help.

I would imagine it would be difficult to get the spacer sized right to stop on the one click that zero's the gun.

Posting just in case someone has one hell of an idea.

Its not a stop but I use a gold sharpie to mark my zero on my G2DMR. If you get off one revolution either direction there is either a gap between the cap and the mark or the mark is covered up. A lot better than nothing.

Couple guys here have sold those sets of clear plastic washers of various thickness.

Also, on NF scope simple to drill and tap small hole on top of turret, use set screw with plastic tip as zero. Once zero is set, simply use very very light pressur with hex key to tighten down and $20 zero stop that works great. I have 3 NF done like that for 4-5 yrs