• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Spam, Bannings, and System Automations

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    We get a lot of hate mail or no mail because accounts are being banned for, "Spam" which is just a generic term for it. I suppose I can rewrite the default system terminology but why bother, we get it.

What to do if trying to register and you get hit with a Spam label...

DO NOT MAKE A SECOND ACCOUNT

The system can see this, we have security in place to protect the site the best we can. yes we have it set higher than most places and the fact you used a forum somewhere else is irrelevant to Sniper's Hide. It doesn't care what you did on someone else's website, it looks at very specific things.

You can contact us through other means including social media. Get blocked, hit me up on FB, Twitter, etc and we can fix it asap. But please, details, don't just assume your email you contacted me with is the same, it's not all the time. At least 50% contact me with no details and when I try their email, it's different. I get it, we use throwaway stuff for Social Media, but details matter. If I make 2 or 3 quick searches and nothing comes up, I am gone, not helping until you get me details

Now, why is our security so high, simple, we get attacked a lot. We fixed the DNS attack problem and they devise another, and another. While fixing an account today I saw this:

Screen Shot 2021-11-29 at 1.28.05 PM.png

this is not uncommon, just seeing it in a row like this illustrates what they are doing. This is what they do in order to try and push through the security and get to you. It's not always this bad either, just is just a very heavy-handed example of what is going on here. If we see one they hope we missed the others, or they don't activate the others until one of the first names is compromised.

So if you know someone hit by the Spam label, we can fix it, but we need to know details, the Who, Why, and Where of it