• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

spare parts are useful...

bcw1284

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 18, 2008
Cheyenne, Wyoming
...especially when they add up to a whole .300 Win Mag!

I've acquired all the parts for this (except bipod) from the SH classifieds, or from other builds i've done. The parts I bought on SH classifieds were obtained through trades or paid for by selling other spares I had. Just need some optics now, and all set.

e6c22756.jpg

Re: spare parts are useful...

Very nice! Like the combo, good hunting setup too!

Re: spare parts are useful...

*remmy 700 action, fluted bolt (Long Rifles group buy)- got this off the board about a year ago for a build that never materialized, then had Chad do the bolt during the huge group buy.

*stainless Sendero barrel - came from one of our many site member gunsmiths, who borescoped it and told me it looked almost new inside.

*Hooper DBM w/ AICS mags, traded him a .22 for it

*HS precision pro series stock - sold a different stock and bought this on SH for sale board

*Eagle stock pack came from a different build I parted out a while ago, originally it came from Triad. If you'll notice, this one zips to the rear AND has internal loops, which makes it an uncommon one compared to most. I will probably switch this with the one on my .308, since the internal loops don't fit the tall magnum round very well.

*sling is a turner saddelry sling that I got of this board right after I joined. It's been on half a dozen rifles i've had since, and now lives on this one. I have a couple of these, and the Turners are by far my favorite out of anything else I've used.

*NF rail and Seekins low rings, both came off the SH for sale board. Sold some extra Burris/Leupold/redfield bases & rings I had to cover it.

Other than optics, I may have a brake put on and that's really it. Really, I'm happy because I don't have much extra money in it since almost all of the stuff was financed by selling other junk on this board. Thanks to everyone who buys my stuff, lol.

I'm going to use this for some long range steel shooting this fall, it's pretty heavy so it ought to be good for that. I have a light .30-06 for big game, and I use my SPR for 'yotes most of the time now. It's certainly no GAP or other high end custom, but it's pretty good for being assembled out of disused, leftover junk.