• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report Spark Munitions

Nik H

Constantly Learning
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jan 22, 2014
    Small town New England
    Don't know if any of you have tried this ammo

I tried their 6.5 Creedmoor round using the Hornady 140grain ELDM bullet. It is accurate and consistent. Definitely hotter than the Hornady version. I didn't chronograph it yet but judging by elevation settings, it is moving at around 2,850 fps out of my 26" barrel.

Pretty good price as well.

Interested if anyone else has tried it

Reactions: deersniper
    Just ordered some today to try in the semi. Like the Peterson’s brass and I shoot the 140 ELD-M. Can’t wait to give it a go. May throw a few thru the bolt gun to test their 1/3 moa claim. ?

Don't know if any of you have tried this ammo

I tried their 6.5 Creedmoor round using the Hornady 140grain ELDM bullet. It is accurate and consistent. Definitely hotter than the Hornady version. I didn't chronograph it yet but judging by elevation settings, it is moving at around 2,850 fps out of my 26" barrel.

Pretty good price as well.

Interested if anyone else has tried it
    Do you have any pics of the impacts compared to what your normal load does?

I ordered 100 rounds of the 140 ELDM last week. Should be here Friday. I’ll make sure to get some readings on the labradar and post some groups once I get it to the range.

Reactions: Nik H
    I may be incorrect, but I think Prime ammo is having Spark now do their loading with Peterson brass. Might be something common between the two?

Ups delivered. Now just need to get to the range for testing. 140 ELDM loaded by Spark

Btw for anyone that reloads. The tray looks like it would be a decent loading block

Attachments

• AB5B403D-A1D2-4291-ADDF-94D7196B0C7C.jpeg
      AB5B403D-A1D2-4291-ADDF-94D7196B0C7C.jpeg
      572.5 KB · Views: 150
    • C56E7DA6-F28F-4490-AA0B-7FCBF4EAB63B.jpeg
      C56E7DA6-F28F-4490-AA0B-7FCBF4EAB63B.jpeg
      731 KB · Views: 152
    Reactions: Spblademaker
    I've been really curious about this ammo so it's good to know others are trying it and checking it out. It seems that ppl are getting good MV and other stats on these...

I shot some out of a few different barrel lengths last month. It was basically 1 hole ammo, the 26" was running 140s at 2851fps based on an 800yd truing bar and atmo accounting.

When I got home I put a 26" 6.5 Creed barrel on my backup rifle in prep for the new prime and this stuff. It's solid ammo and excellent brass for a reloader to use

PSA: Had a squib today with my 140 Spark. Just enough power to jam the bullet into the bore. Took a few hours of soaking and beating to get it out. Contacted Spark as soon as I got home. Boss will call tomorrow. Lot# 140ELD1891910.

PSA: Had a squib today with my 140 Spark. Just enough power to jam the bullet into the bore. Took a few hours of soaking and beating to get it out. Contacted Spark as soon as I got home. Boss will call tomorrow. Lot# 140ELD1891910.

That sucks...let us know what happens. I am going to check to see if the 100 rounds I have are part of that lot #

By the way, I have never had a squib in a rifle before. Can you describe the process to get it out

So all I heard was a little hiss. Like if air was being let out of a tire valve. Only softer. Case ejected with no issues. Only very dirty. Pulled the bolt and couldn’t see daylight. So off to the diner for some lunch as my day had ended. Was in my bolt action.

Just got off the phone with the Anthony from Spark. Sending a return label for what’s left of the lot, 150, and replacing with 200 rounds of new lot.

Told them to send it with the order I placed this weekend, if it saves them shipping.

Reactions: RS14
    I just picked up two loads for my 6.5CM yesterday at the Harrisburg, PA outdoor show. 50 rounds of the 130G Sierra Game Changer version (being shipped) and I got 20 rounds of the 135G Berger VLD version at the show. The brass is Peterson. BTW: I confirmed that the Berger bullets are the VLD "Hunting" versions and not the target variety. Will report back when I test them.

I just picked up two loads for my 6.5CM yesterday at the Harrisburg, PA outdoor show. 50 rounds of the 130G Sierra Game Changer version (being shipped) and I got 20 rounds of the 135G Berger VLD version at the show. The brass is Peterson. BTW: I confirmed that the Berger bullets are the VLD "Hunting" versions and not the target variety. Will report back when I test them.

They have a load with a 130 game changer? I just checked their website and don't see it. Maybe it's a brand new load

I had a few blown primers from mine. Sent it back and was sent more ammo to replace it. Haven't had my 65cm barrel on since getting the new lot.

They had them at the show. Spark Munitions rep at the show was Anthony Nuccio (847-691-4646) according to the business card he was handing out. Give him a shout.

Just getting started into the world of precision/long range shooting and as a college kid on a budget. Remington 700 AAC-SD 6.5 creedmoor, cheap ebay brake, athlon argos 6-24x50, bell and carlson long range hunter bedded with acraglas, and cadwell XLA pivot bipod. Best group by far yesterday with Spark Munitions 140 ELD-M at 200 yards. Actually (2) 3 shot groups there due to trouble sighting in my scope so I returned to original zero for 3 more and piled them in there. Before adjusting back up. Other groups were .75moa - 1moa if I could do my part. The plate is at 450 yards give or take a few (my rangefinder won't go past 330 or so) and went 5 for 5. Strelok said 6moa hold over and that's what I was doing, unsure if it's a velocity issue or a farther distance.

Attachments

• 20200307_174344.jpg
      20200307_174344.jpg
      691.4 KB · Views: 59
    • Ballistic-X-Export-2020-03-07 17:14:13.958544.png
      Ballistic-X-Export-2020-03-07 17:14:13.958544.png
      2.2 MB · Views: 62
    • 20200208_101055.jpg
      20200208_101055.jpg
      858.8 KB · Views: 64
    I’m sort of wondering if they’re still in business because they don’t have any ammo.

One thing to follow up with was that their ammo was definitely hot… in two separate firearms I got heavy lift on the bolt.

Stuff is unbelievably accurate, and consistently had an SD around 7, ES around 20.

I’m sort of wondering if they’re still in business because they don’t have any ammo.

One thing to follow up with was that their ammo was definitely hot… in two separate firearms I got heavy lift on the bolt.

Stuff is unbelievably accurate, and consistently had an SD around 7, ES around 20.
    Another victim of the hoax virus / pandemic unfortunately

Reactions: Nik H
    There was already an announcement on this. They are out of business for now and may come back if things get better but probably not.

For me though, it was quite the opposite. My 140 ELDMs were shooting at 2717ish out my 24" barrel. I can't say that's anywhere near hot. Still pretty accurate though.

There was already an announcement on this. They are out of business for now and may come back if things get better but probably not.

For me though, it was quite the opposite. My 140 ELDMs were shooting at 2717ish out my 24" barrel. I can't say that's anywhere near hot. Still pretty accurate though.
    I had a similar experience as well... I haven't ordered anything since my previous post because I started reloading but my 140s were were in the 2650 range if my memory serves me correctly. 22" factory remington barrel ... I stood on my handloads and got them up to 2750 with satisfying results