• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Spartan Blades Vs Strider?

Boydo

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2011
Washington, IL
I have tried the search engine but it doesnt seem to work with the new website. Anyways, Im looking to buy myself a good, quality knife. I have been using cheap knives forever, the best of which was my KA-BAR, and im ready to take the leap and buy something that will last me forever. I really like the look of the Spartan Blades, and Striders quality is unquestioned. Anyone have any experience with Spartan Blades? Id really like to not drop $400 on a knife that left something to be desired. My use is just general utility, not trying to build a house or get into a knife fight with it.

You own the perfect, quality knife for the "utility" work you describe....and it is paid for.
As to Strider representing the pinnacle of quality, you have a wonderful world of knives explore.

Both are very solid knives, but neither would be my choice for a utility blade. They are more tactical field knives, not necessarily the best for everyday tasks.

Could you elaborate on your intended use and budget a bit more?

Also, I have found that how a knife feels in my hand directly influences my desire to use a knife. If you can, I recommend trying to hold the knives before you buy. I found the Spartan handles to be a bit thin for my tastes, although the Harsey collaborations seems to have addressed this.