• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Spartan Built 308 Remington

NessH

Private
Minuteman
Jun 24, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
So back in November I decided to give myself a 45th Birthday present and after doing some research and reading some of the reviews in this forum I hired Marc Soulie of Spartan Precision Rifles to do the build. It was 7 long months until I got my rifle and it was sure worth the wait. Marc did a great job of guiding me through the process of having a custom rifle built and steered me in the right direction at every turn. Following are the specs on my rifle:

308 Win Match
Remington 700 action
Bartlein 24" Barrel 1 - 11.25" twist
Accuracy International 1.5 Chassis
Timney Trigger
R&D Precision Brake
Vortex Rasor HD 5-20 Scope

I've put 116 rounds through it and could not be happier. I've posted a few pictures including a group of 3 shots at sub 1/4" MOA at 100 yds, I hope to someday be as good as this rifle!

IMG_1991.jpg
photo1.jpg
photo2.jpg

I have a feeling that Marc's backlog is going to get big and soon.

Nice stick, thanks for posting.

I love it when a build comes together. Those who have never experienced a custom built rifle will never understand why someone will spend 3 grand or more on a gun...... examples like these should help show them the way.

congrats, you made the right decision. Marc is a bad ass rifle builder and awesome dude for sure, i wouldnt trade my spartan 308 for anything.