• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Spartan Precision 260

FCS

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 3, 2005
ABQ, NM
I sent Marc a Surgeon RSR action to be built into a 260.

DSC00012_zps226a5fe1.jpg

DSC00013_zps46c107a9.jpg

I had a Mk4, 6.5-20 in rings already so that went on rifle. Did a quick bore sight @ 100 yds with Mk 1, Mod 0 eyeball. I fired one round, made scope adjustment and using bullet hole as aiming point fired second round. Since I was running out of daylight, I called it good for a rough 100 yard zero.

DSC00014_zps10f7ccfb.jpg

Dialed in dope for 200 yards and fired 5 rds.

DSC00015_zps4dc0fe80.jpg

Hard to argue with results like this.

I'll update with more pictures as soon as I can get my Spartan 260 back to the range.
I have a feeling that as I get a bit more trigger time with this rifle, the groups will improve.

I can tell you this, I wish I had some $ for the SH build as Marc builds a dang fine rifle!

Re: Spartan Precision 260

Nice rifle! I wish surgeon still made the RSR. What barrel did you use? I'm thinking about getting a barrel chambered in 260 to go with my 308.

Looking good, Andrew! It is good to see you out getting some shooting time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: McCourt Munitions LLC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I have a feeling that as I get a bit more trigger time with this rifle, the groups will improve.
</div></div>

That's what I always say when I shoot a nickel sized group at 200 yards
cool.gif

I'm glad to see you found time to go out and shoot a personal rifle for a change Andrew. I know you've had that one sitting there waiting for you for a long time.

Now all you need to do is find someone to load up some ammo for ya.........

TLG - Bartlein barrel on this rifle.

Blair - It is nice to get out for some personal shooting. Will get you some 6.5 Creedmoor soon so you can do the same!

Marc - I just wanted guys to know that flier to the high and right was operator error. If that one was in the group, then I couldn't complain....too much.
smile.gif
Rifle is a shooter!

Buckey - Yeah, some help on the loading front wouldn't be a bad idea.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sab9259</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I love that color combo </div></div>

It is easy on the eyes. I believe it is Desert Camo plus Olive.

s

Backspace - I was using my Comp Match 139 Scenar for Tac Match chamber.

Will be trying both 130 and 140 JLKs in this rifle as soon as I can.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sab9259</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I love that color combo</div></div>
Desert camo plus DARK GREEN plus OD GREEN