• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Spartan Precision .284 win...

RobG

Douchebag Hauler
Minuteman
Jul 20, 2007
W. Sac, Kalifornia
Here is one of Marcs latest builds. Its a LA 700, Obermeyer M24 .284 8.75 twist at 26", RAD brake, Timney 510, Seekins base and rings, Vortex PST, set in a XLR Evolution chassis. Gonna put some loads together tonight and head out to Sac on Saturday morning. My big issue now is trying to do a Spartan rifle right
laugh.gif

Thanks Marc!
DSCN0177.jpg

DSCN0174.jpg

Re: Spartan Precision .284 win...

Try the 168 Bergers in that rifle..... you will like them!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Try the 168 Bergers in that rifle..... you will like them! </div></div>

Do this ^ and let us know some Chrono results.

I have the load I use if you want to try it. Not sure on your chamber/throat but if you can run them at same OAL as I am..... its a wicked load.

Congrats on the new stick

Marc sure builds an accurate rifle, I'm sure you'll do it justice
smile.gif

Thanks guys. I have it set up for the 175 smk and going to use 4831sc. I considered R17 as well but, the guys I shoot with use the 4831 with good results so I am going to start there. I will be happy at 2800 fps, good accuracy, and low es/sd.

Nice build!

Start at 54/4831sc and work up with the 175 SMK's .010 off the lands.