• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Spartan Precision Rifles & NCPPRC Club Rifle Build

NorCal Vu

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 20, 2004
Sacramento Area
After an anxious wait by our club members, Marc Soulie of Spartan Precision Rifles delivered 8 of the 10 NorCal club builds today. The other two had some last minute changes the pushed out their delivery date. Marc is fairly new in the rifle building arena, but has already turned out proven performers in the competition scene. He is also a plank owner with NCPPRC, and has been one of our top trigger pullers since 2005.

This is actually the 3rd rifle that Marc has built and/or worked on for me. I have a custom 3006 hunting rifle he put together for me a while ago, a 260rem that he re-chambered that is a freaking hammer, and my NCPPRC club rifle in 243win.

Marc and I threw around the idea of a club build almost a year ago, and today it turned into reality. Marc was kind enough to make mine number 1 of 10. Thank you Marc for all the hard work and time you put into these rifles. This is truly a special day in NCPPRC history.

Onto the specs:

Calibers: 260rem and 243win
Surgeon RSR Actions.
Surgeon 20MOA Base and recoil lug
Bartlein Barrels 1:8.5 5Rs for the 260s and Bartlein 1:7.5 5R for the 243win. All barrels were finished at 26” and are #7MTU or M40 contours.
McMillan Stocks with or without the KMW Logger Head in Italian Camo
Badger Ordnance M5 DBM
Jewell Trigger

Rifles were coated by Todd Powers of Phantom Finishing. Thank you Todd, the finishes came out great.

Mine was the only odd duck since I am a lefty and Surgeon does not make a LH action at this time.

My specs are exactly the same except I went with a Jim Borden Alpine Action, Badger Recoil Lug, and Glen Seekins 20MOA Base.

More information can be found on Marc and Spartan Precision Rifles at http://www.spartanrifles.com

DSC00798.jpg

DSC00801.jpg

DSC00796.jpg

DSC00802.jpg

DSC00795.jpg

DSC00794.jpg

DSC00792.jpg

Re: Spartan Precision Rifles & NCPPRC Club Rifle Build

Rifles look nice!

I really like the camo pattern, they look great.

Thanks guys I'm very happy with the way they turned out. Damn near a year in the making from the first discussions of the idea to delivery of the product. Now I'm looking forward to seeing those rifles perform on the line.

I owe a lot to George Gardner and Moon at GAP for helping me through the hoops of getting started in this business. They put up with alot of annoying questions from me and I know I drove them nuts sometimes. Thank you for the help guys it's greatly appreciated.

Marc

CRAP! I missed the unveiling. Must have been pretty cool to see them in person all lined up on the table. I bet if they had price tags dangling off them they wouldn't have lasted long. It will be even more enjoyable to see what folks do with them in matches. I know the three rifles that Spartan Rifles has built for me are all hammers, these things are going to be just smokers.

Congratulations Marc & Vu for pulling off an impressive first ever club build.

David

Thanks David. I really didn't do shit though. Mr. Soulie was the man that did all the hard work.

Bob N. was kind enough to do the art work for the banners we had made for him as a small thank you for doing this club build.

Vu

I met Mark and he is a great guy and builds quality rifles. Those sticks look awesome!

Nice work Marc and Todd! I see a Spartan Precision Rifle Video in the future
grin.gif

Looks like NCPPRC has some more toys to compete with.

Thanks,

MASON @ CST

That's a bunch of nice rifles!

Vu...Why so many spacers on your stock ? I would of thought you'd quit growing by now.
grin.gif

Steve,

I am still growing width wise...=(

They come like that from McMillan.

Here she is all setup.

DSC00808.jpg

Marc,

Those were some great looking rifles. I love my 20" .308 but at 800, 900, and 1000 a 24"/26" .260 would sure be nice..... Nice job both to you and Todd on the coating.

I figured so
smile.gif

How do you like the Alpine compared to the other custom actions ?Anything stand out besides south paw?

This is my 3rd Alpine, I think Jim Borden makes one of the best actions out there. The fit and finish of his work is 2nd to none.

My first Alpine was in stainless and it did OK in the dirt and grime, but these last two are chromoly. They do a lot better in tac builds IMO.

Marc, I saw how much care you put into machining those barrels, I'm surprised you got all of those rifles done!! They look great and I know the Club guys will be happy with the way they shoot.

well done pulling this all together in less than a year.
great looking rifle.