• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Spartan Precision Rifles Switch Barrel

Dollman

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 4, 2011
Sacramento, Ca.
This is the .308 Win./.260 Rem. switch barrel I had Marc at Spartan Precision Rifles build. So far I've only shot it with the .260 Rem. barrel and it's a tack driver. I am more than confident that with the .308 Win. barrel, it will be just as precise.

Heres a parts list:

Surgeons 591 Action

Bartlein 5R barrel in #7 MTU contour,.308, gain twist to 11.25, chambered in 308 Winchester. Finish lenght to 24"

Bartlein 5R in #7 MTU contour,.264, gain twist to 8.0, chambered in .260 Rem. Finish length to 26"

McMillan A-5 with KMW Loggerhead, adjustable spacer system and 1" Pachmeyer Decelerator pad, four flush cups (bottom and left side), small rail for Atlas bi-pod, Marble pattern 50% medium blue, 25% black, 25% plain medium grey.

Badger Ordance M5 DBM

Badger Ordance 34 MM scope rings

Jewell trigger

Piller bedded with 7075 aluminum pillers in Devcon Steel Putty

Singel color of black Ceracoat to all metal work.

Microslick finish to bolt and reciever interior.

Premier Reticles 5-25X56 with Gen 2 XR reticle.

Spartan260004.jpg

Re: Spartan

Alright, all you guys need to stop posting your Spartan Rifles, my lead times are going to go through the roof! Marc was our little secret for a while
laugh.gif

Re: Spartan

Looking god Frederick. Are you going to leave it as is or are you still going to have your motorcycle painter put naked women and mudflap girls on it?

Marc

Re: Spartan Precision Rifles Switch Barrel

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MarcS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looking god Frederick. Are you going to leave it as is or are you still going to have your motorcycle painter put naked women and mudflap girls on it?

Marc </div></div>

No, god damn it.......McMillan did too good of a job with the marble gel coat job they did on it. I'm liking the way the stock came out. They also did too good of a job on the shot out barrel 300 Win. Mag. A-5 too. It's 50% red, 25% black, and 25% white. I'm thinking the next one could be another A-5 or a "F" class bench rest stock (not decided and who knows) and I will have to have McMillan lay up the gel coat up in some ugly neutral color or white so I will have to have it air brushed.