• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Spartan Precision Semi-Auto .308

George Mac

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 19, 2004
Northern California
I had the chance to test out a 20" Spartan Precision semi-auto .308 this week.

The 20" Krieger 11.25, adjustable gas block, SureFire muzzle break and Geissele trigger made this a very easy rifle to shoot well. I put on the glass, walked it back from 25 to 100, tuned the gas block then shot these two groups with 155 AMAX prone with a rear RedTac bag. The accuracy looks very promising... The last photo with the calipers was the five round group under the shoot-n-see.

I'm used to KAC rails but the 14" Centurion Arms CMR rail balances the rifle very well and feels great in sitting and standing positions.

I've fondled one in person at Marc's shop. These are very fine rifles that rival any other on the market with a great price tag. Marc's attention to detail can't be matched and I know he's got a few more for sale. Anybody out there on the fence about which AR10 type rifle they should get should jump on one of these. They are a limited run that probably won't be made again.

WOW!!! Those are some great groups especially for the first time out with a rifle and w/o tuning any handloads. Financially, this rifle isn't in the cards for me but I would love to get a barrel w/ identical chamber specs etc. and get a Pitts conversion for my MWS. Nice rifle!

I don't know what reamer they used. I had these 155's and a few 168's (all AMAX) loaded up for the tOBR and thought I'd see how they do in the Spartan. I had to open the gas block one setting from where it was originally set and dial in the glass but after that it was a freak'n laser! I tried a few left over 168 AMAX rounds and put three into the same hole then adjusted left and sent the other two. Now that I know what it likes, I'll put some loads together next week and see if I can hold my nerve for Elfster's challenge. :)

Last edited:
Perhaps you could pick up one of the Genisis CNC uppers for the LMT and have Marc barrel it with one of these Kreigers, an adjustable block and a Centurion Arms CMR rail?

Thanks guys I appreciate the good words but unless I get a big agency order I am not doing anymore AR's for the foreseeable future. We built these as a limited run and once they are gone that's it.

Marc

I've got one of these as well. As stated, absolute laser of a rifle.
1617729_720494727969800_2002436875_o.jpg1658631_720494397969833_80898756_o.jpg

Yeah, I look forward to seeing your results on elfsters challenge! If your on your game you might get the half MOA crown and the #1 spot with a .308 to boot.

I might give that genisis upper some thought.

This rifle has got me excited.