• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Spartan Rifles 6.5 Creedmoor

George Mac

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 19, 2004
Northern California
I have been shooting some of the long range precision rifle matches for about a year now. I originally thought they would simply be a way to add some trigger time other than what I get at work. I brought out my 20" .308 and did well inside of 600 but always had my butt kicked from there out to 1000.

After looking around at the other shooters, trying other rifles, calibers, stocks and most importantly, keeping my ears open when the top shooters were speaking... I decided to step over to the dark side and go for a "competition" tactical rifle.

I brought an old PSS up to Marc's shop at Spartan Rifles and picked up a 6.5 barrel. I asked Marc to give it the works and chamber it in 6.5 Creedmoor and put on an APA little bastard break. Marc called me up to the shop so I could see the entire process from cutting the chamber to bedding. Then it went across the shop to Todd's hands at Phantom Finishing for a beautiful coat of Coyote Sand Cerakote. Lastly it went to our local, Joe Ducos for a Logger-Head cheek piece assembly in a sniper fill A-3 stock.

I put a few loads together and took her for a test drive. I have settled on a mix of 123 Lapua Scenars and Varget for now. This nice of a 5 shot group at 2970fps...I'm good for now
smile.gif

IMG_1036.jpg

IMG_1032.jpg

IMG_1049.jpg

Re: Spartan Rifles 6.5 Creedmoor

That's a beautiful riffle. What's the barrel length?

Congrats on the beautiful rifle. I am having my 7-08 cerakoted right now and this makes me miss it.

Groups dont get much better than that either!

After seeing that I'll for sure be getting my rifle rebarreled into a 6.5 creedmoor. You've made me want mine spun up right now...

Nice rifle.

tag.

If possible I would like Joe's info to send him my T2 for the logger-head installed.

Thank you,

Al

George, thanks for the nice comments. Joe

That's awesome George. Welcome to the dark side.

Thanks George Mac for sharing. Glad to see a few locals doing excellent work. These guys are just a few miles away from us. I'm sure they'll be getting more business. We need them around for a long time. My kids are 8 years but getting into the sport. They're growing out of their custom 22 and will soon be moving into centerfire, and when they do, I know where to go. Shoot I was up by the shop last weekend for my daughter's soccer tournament. It's great you also got to see the process of getting your rifle built from ground up. Must have been exciting just to watch.

Thanks again George.

Nice rifle, great caliber and also a very nice scope. 6.5 Creedmoor is hard to beat when you consider BC, barrel life, minimal recoil, factory loaded match grade ammo, and loaded from a magazine.

Nice stick. Have you been out past 600 with it yet?