• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Spc bolt face to ppc

Hecouldgoalltheway

Your mom's favorite shit poster
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 11, 2009
    West TN
    Alright fellas, use small words so that I can understand..

I've got a defiance deviant action with an valk/spc bolt (.427), fixed bolt head on the deviant.

Can this bolt face be opened up to ppc/arc (.445), and if so, is it a difficult procedure? What else would need to be done if anything for this to function correctly? Can any competent machinist do it, or do I need to contact a wizard in a 10'×10' cabin in Montana who can only be reached by pigeon?

The next question is: is it worth fooling with? Am I better off selling this and just buying a new action with a matched bolt in the face I want?

Thank you in advance.

Why not call Defiance and order a new bolt as they sell bolts as well as complete actions I believe.
    They do. Called them today. I have to send them the action and they will make a new bolt for it for $500. It's an option, but the question remains: is it my best option?