• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

speaking of paint - need advice on scratch touchup

Conrad101st

Captain
Minuteman
Feb 8, 2009
OK
I scratched a wee bit of finish off the outside of the mag well. All my fault. It's just down to the bare metal and about 1/4 of an inch long by pencil lead thin.

What's the best bet (paint or otherwise) for covering the metal to prevent rust and covering it up in general?

I'm almost tempted just to use flat black auto touchup paint that comes in the little bottles. Appreciate your recommendations.

Re: speaking of paint - need advice on scratch touchup

What gun part is made of steel? If its an AR15.. its aluminum. Use the gun and give it some character......you can try cold blue for steel and they have one for aluminum.....but maynot work depending on type of metal. Or just use a sharpie

Re: speaking of paint - need advice on scratch touchup

I used to be so anal about that. But no matter how hard ya try - there will be another scratch. And then 1 more. I wouldn't worry about it...