• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Speaking of scams...

leagle2

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 13, 2006
Georgetown, Delaware
This happened just this week. A lady client of one of my partners called in nearly hysterical. She received a phone call from the "DEA". The "agent" told her that she was being arrested for illegally purchasing diet pills on the internet. He went on to say that they were "processing" the paperwork for her arrest and a search warrant was going to be executed on her home. He told her that if she didn't want to do the "perp walk" she had to turn herself in by 5:00 pm at the Federal Court house in Baltimore. (With traffic we are about 2 hrs from Balt) She admitted over the phone that she had purchased diet pills one time, 2 yrs ago. She told us that she cried and pleaded with the "agent" who finally said he'd talk to the Assistant US attorney assisting them and to call a number in 20 min. When she did, she was told that the agent had convinced the us attorney to go "civil" but there was a catch, the civil penalty was $2500 and the $2500 had to be to Baltimore by 5:00. She was told that she could wire it. Not knowing what to do she called our office. Because it was a criminal matter my partner's assistant sent her call to me. While she was on the phone with me I Googled "DEA scam" and the first link was to the DEA web site warning of this exact scam. I directed her to a phone number to report the scam and then proceeded to have a little fun.
I called the number the client was given and got an answering machine. I left a message that I represented Mrs x and that I'd like Agent Miller to return my phone call. Believe it or not the asshat called back in 5:00 miutes. When my receptionist told me who it was I picked up the phone and yelled "You Nigerean C***K S***er don't you ever call Mrs X again. He blustered and asked my name and that because of my attitude they were going to process the arrest warrant and search warrant "right away" I started in on him again and he hung up. I got my partners involved and we called back every 10 minutes for about 2 hours. Most times we just left a message but the last time the guy actually picked up. I started with the Nigerian epithet again and he screamed "I'm from the Congo" and hung up. I won't display the number here but if anyone wants it for some fun i'll pm it tomorrow after I get to the office (if I can find it)