• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Speaking of Texas Drought....photos from TXPWD

Re: Speaking of Texas Drought....photos from TXPWD

that just flat out sucks, we feel for you guys... so what did the string of 100 degree + days end up being?

In the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex we broke the most 100* days record at 70 days this year. The previous record was 69 days in 1980. The most consecutive days is still 42 days from 1980, but this year comes in second with 40.
I don't know how many substantial grass/brush fires we have had lately. It seems like everything is burning. I hope last nights rain helps the fireman. Its the first rain we've had in awhile.

Many of these photos are of Lake Travis, which is now 49.6' below "full pool level".

Growing up in Austin and spending most summers on Lake Travis, it is quite sad to see it like this.

Kevin

The photos of those abandoned docks are reminiscent of the pics of abandoned structures, ships, and cities in the Soviet Union. Of note, we had to cancel a dove hunt last night here in Denton due to rain and lightening. An excellent trade that left everyone smiling.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ktdls7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Many of these photos are of Lake Travis, which is now 49.6' below "full pool level".

Growing up in Austin and spending most summers on Lake Travis, it is quite sad to see it like this.

Kevin </div></div>

I was afraid to ask if these were the Highland Lakes. Used to live just a couple of miles from Buchanan. thats f'n terrible.

Very sad Austin has a few drought years in a row.

On a plus side we finally got rain up here Wichita Falls last night.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ktdls7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great find Insayn. I poked around on the site and found this:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/texasparkswildlife/sets/72157627429641925/detail/

This site describes each photo and location. Learned to water ski in Hurst Creek, used to fish in Pedernales River, and used to sail out of Commanders Point.

Makes me sick.

Kevin </div></div>

I used to cross the Perd there at that intersection all the time on the way into Austin. Ive seen it low but never that bad. Yall should take advantage of the situation to get our there an d clean up all the junk. Might solve a few missing persons cases as well.

We have finally gotten a little rain here in S. Texas!

Man, its been a horrible year. They should change it from Summer to Suffer!

Wow...that seems so unreal. I can't even begin to imagine the effect it has had on everyone who lives in that region.

Very stark photo's

I guess 1 benefit, is it allows folks to clean-up the areas where water usually resides. (instead of leaving random shit strewn everywhere (first 5 or so photos))

^^ I was thinkin the same thing til I saw the no looting sign r whatever. I think a massive cleanup is in order.

I live in Central TX. It has looked like fall for quite some time - with all the dead trees (orange leaves). Even if we get back to normal eventually, the toll this drought has taken this year will be felt for a long time... I am sure a lot of wild life has died too - no water for them to drink (lakes and ponds are drying up)

What season do you typically get your rain there?

Winter usually... And, while we don't have wet summers - this year had been just ridiculous. I think it's rained like 4-5 times since the VERY begging of spring. That's it.

Those 1 or 2 hour sprinkling doesn't really even count. This past weekend on the other hand is what Texas needed.

We got about an inch in Central Tx Sun night/Mon morning. But, we need a LOT more

We got 1.6" last week, but it didn't make much of a difference

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lsf</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We got 1.6" last week, but it didn't make much of a difference </div></div>

That's what she said.

I knows it's been bad there, but till I saw those pictures, I didn't realize how bad it was. I'm pray you guys get some rain!