• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Special OPs Mission(Military Channel)

Strangedays

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Feb 27, 2009
    Tacoma Washington
    Anyone seen this yet? I think its the best written spec ops show yet. They set up a mission and send one guy to take out five to eight other highly trained Operatives. He also has to take out obejectives and rescue hostages. Its so far good!
    If anyone else has seen this let me know what you think!

Re: Special OPs Mission(Military Channel)

It's kinda like a knockoff force on force thing. I watched it tonight it was alright but it reminded me of training Ranger students while I was Stationed at 5th RTB up in Dahlonega, GA. We'd take 3-4 guys and attack a whole company at a time. Used to wipe em out until some Gen felt we should always let them win. F****** softening up the toughest son's of bitches out there. Officers are good for two things in my opinion, promotion paperwork, and laughs.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jtpickens</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What day and time does this come on.</div></div>

It came on last night"Thursday" at 10pm est. It is a pretty cool show to watch. I never knew they taught Rangers or PJ's lock picking! We old Jarheads just pounded a tent stake in a stubborn padlock to gain access.

I saw one episode... I was not really impressed and haven't watched it since.

It's obviously that this guy has been reading way too many Mack Bolan books and watched too many one man army films.

I used alot of SIM Munitions down at Ft.Benning. They work great if you clean and lube the barrels with some Smooth Kote, MOLY. They are just 9mm conversion uppers with modified mags. The problem is that if the barrels get to dirty it ruptures the rds and then the barrel has a glob of paint in it. We used them when we tested some new Night vision that had Thermal overlays built in. As well as the Oakley,and Wiley X's. The Oakley's won out by a million because the Wiley X's were solid foam at the time and fogged up alot. Our test of the new NV was deemed inconclusive because we 5th Ranger Training Battalion, beat the shit out of 6th RTB no matter what NV we had. Silence, Violence, Silence. It was alot like this show Spec OP's except the real thing Team on Team.

I read on the SIM Munitions website that the rifle simunitions are only effective out to 100 ft. Can anyone confirm or deny?

That's about right.

You're shooting a glob of detergent encased in plastic, which is designed to hurt but not penetrate normal clothing at a minimum range of 10 feet. Given that, you're not going to get much range.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scar527</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I read on the SIM Munitions website that the rifle simunitions are only effective out to 100 ft. Can anyone confirm or deny?</div></div>
    UTM rounds aren't much better either.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scar527</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I read on the SIM Munitions website that the rifle simunitions are only effective out to 100 ft. Can anyone confirm or deny? </div></div>

They hurt like hell, they can break the skin and they are only good for about 100ft. That being said, they are a great training aid. BTW. I like the show.

They are a great training aid - when used under the supervision of people properly instructed in the design of good training scenarios.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jtpickens</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's obviously that this guy has been reading way too many Mack Bolan books and watched too many one man army films. </div></div>
    Was this directed at me or the main host?

I have seen the show twice and I really like it, the second one obviously was kinda b.s. when the drug dealer walked out on the balcony facing him with no guards at the very last spot on the camp.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Groundedclk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have seen the show twice and I really like it, the second one obviously was kinda b.s. when the drug dealer walked out on the balcony facing him with no guards at the very last spot on the camp. </div></div>
    I would have to agree 100%, that and the scope retical was not that of the aimpoint he was using. The first three were the best, hope the next one is better than the last.

I was referring to the host of the show some of the scenarios on this show appear to be plots right out of a Rambo movie or a pulp action paperback.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Onemoretime</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I saw one episode... I was not really impressed and haven't watched it since.</div></div>
    +1

Havent been able to catch it yet. I only get the military channel at work so I keep trying to catch a rerun during the day

Cool show. Worth a watch at least once but it's pretty obvious which parts are fairly well-staged.

I would have to say most of the show is staged. Thay must give location spots to both teams.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strangedays</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would have to say most of the show is staged. Thay must give location spots to both teams. </div></div>

+1. I also got a kick out of the maritime/ship rescue ep. where the "host" and the opfor traded about 10 rounds each when they were around 10 feet away from each other with no kills...entertaining show though...

K

If he could call in air support would they drop trashbags full of Sherwin Williams?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tmpohuski7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If he could call in air support would they drop trashbags full of Sherwin Williams? </div></div>
    Not a bad idea though..........LOL