• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Specific scope recommendation

ShotCaller

Private
Minuteman
Aug 3, 2008
MS
Looking for a large objective scope, high magnification not necessary. Weight is a factor. Illuminated reticle with brightness control, prefer something NV compatible. Prefer graduated reticle and target knobs. This is for subsonic lowlight and nightime use.

Re: Specific scope recommendation

Sounds like you want an ATN.

Cripes, I hope he realizes I'm joking.

Thanks for the replies. What does the Hensolt have over my 12X PMII? I have never seen one, but heard nothing good about them. This is an option but I do not need over a 6X. Max shots 150yrds, and high power useless for light gathering.

If max shots are 150 yards why target knobs and graduated reticle? That might just add price that isn't necessary...unless you really want to use it for longer shots also.

Danny, he's using subsonic and thus has quite large drop.

ShotCaller, when talking about premium European hunting optics, I have hard time finding a real world difference between 50mm and 56mm objective. 50mm will save you some weight and bulk. Going fixed power would save you some money.

E.g. Zeiss offers you exposed elevation turret ("custom BDC") and either 1 MRAD illuminated center cross, or illuminated mildot. Most times you can custom order a reticle also (like have mildot fitted to 7x50 Diatal).