• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Specific suppressor Trust question

jonaddis84

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 27, 2009
Toledo, OH
www.area419.com
Im in the process of making a trust with Quicken Willmaker and its all going quite well, very easy actually. But Im stuck on one part.

When you assign the property that will be held in trust. You put the description as ie "Yankee Hill Machine Phantom 7.62 Stainless Rifle Suppressor" right?

Then it asks you whether or not the property has a title document, what do you answer here for a suppressor?

By the looks of some samples online you answer no title document so that it prints out an assignment of property with the trust. But do I need to put the serial # of the suppressor along with the description?

Thanks for any help.

Re: Specific suppressor Trust question

You are right a suppressor has no title associated with it, unlike a house, or car has. As far as the serial, yes I would include the serial and be as descriptive as you can. If this suppressor has not been form 4'd to you, you really can't assign it to the trust just yet as you don't officially own it till the F4 is approved and it hits your hands. For a SBR F1 you can put an AR-15 lower into the trust with the serial as you own that and just manufacturing the existing lower into a SBR.

So on the paperwork I am going to print out to send with the Form 4 I dont have to put any property on it yet?

Then when I get the Form 4 back and take possession I add it to the trust?

Yea, the schedule needs something.
Some people put $1, or an actual firearm, I put a threaded barrel
on mine.
Since reciving my F4's back they are now on the schedule A

Ok thanks guys. I just put my rifle on the schedule A.

So when I get it I just have to make a new schedule A and add the suppressor with SN# and have it notorized again, or do I just need a witness to sign, or neither I just sign?

Sorry these may seem like dumb redundant questions I just want to make sure I get this right. Dont want to add even more time to the 12week wait!

I don't believe that the schedule A has to be notarized each time.

BTW I never had mine notarized when it was sent to BATF-E, and since recieved I have not.

Others will likely have opinions that I would like to read.

Yeah, read the legal manual in quicken, and whenever you need to add something to the Schedule A you just have to sign your name. Its only complicated for titled items like cars, houses, etc.