• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Specwar QD for a bolt or something else?

shark101au

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 3, 2013
I'm taking delivery of a nice 308 bolt from a member here next week. This is my first bolt gun. The only suppressor I have for this caliber is a Specwar 762. Are there better options out there? Should I look at a non QD supressor?

Reactions: DaleGribble82
That suppressor will work but they are heavy.

If your buying a new can go with TBAC if dedicated to bolt guns only. If your gonna move it around then look at the Omega, Dead Air Sandman, Nomad.

Something along those lines.

With that being said that can will work fine.

Reactions: shark101au
I have the same silencer on my LR rig. And swap it over to my 300 blk. Works fine. But, it is best to have a dedicated silencer for precision work.

Reactions: shark101au
@shark101au I am waiting on that same suppressor to get cleared by the ATF to place it on a CZ 557 UCS. Let me know how it works for you and your bolt gun. This particular Specwar more than likely won’t see any action on any of my other long guns. I picked it up specifically for this rifle. Hopefully it works out extremely well for you and makes my wait worthwhile.

@shark101au I am waiting on that same suppressor to get cleared by the ATF to place it on a CZ 557 UCS. Let me know how it works for you and your bolt gun. This particular Specwar more than likely won’t see any action on any of my other long guns. I picked it up specifically for this rifle. Hopefully it works out extremely well for you and makes my wait worthwhile.
Will do.

That suppressor will work but they are heavy.

If your buying a new can go with TBAC if dedicated to bolt guns only. If your gonna move it around then look at the Omega, Dead Air Sandman, Nomad.

Something along those lines.

With that being said that can will work fine.

I agree completely with Kadams1563. It is a little on the heavier side for a precision bolt gun. But they are great cans and very quiet. I like my TBAC better, less weight hanging off the end of an already log barreled bolt gun.

I agree completely with Kadams1563. It is a little on the heavier side for a precision bolt gun. But they are great cans and very quiet. I like my TBAC better, less weight hanging off the end of an already log barreled bolt gun.
That is all good to hear for sure. I bought the can specifically to place on this rifle, and it has a short 16 inch barrel. So it should be a perfect addition.

Got tired of wearing a SpecWar on precision rifles frankly, I'm still contemplating what to use.

Too heavy?
It was on an AX so you'd think you wouldn't feel it, but it added enough weight and length on an already long gun that I grew tired of dealing with it when needing to move from stage to stage.

To be fair, OP's Cadex looks shorter than my AX was - 26" barrel was a bit much for the short action cartridge IMO, could have gone shorter.

20 inch barrel. Specwar will do whilst I decide on possibly something else and waiting the 12-18 months F4s are apparently taking now. I'm not running around with it though.