• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Speer 125 grain and IMR 4895 suggestions???

chriso

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 14, 2008
California
I just picked up some speer 30 cal 125 GR hollow point "TNT" rounds for my .308 for some coyote and squirell hunting... I have some IMR 4895 right now,federal cases and federal primers any suggested powder weight for this round I couldn't find anything in my books... Thanks!!!

Re: Speer 125 grain and IMR 4895 suggestions???

Thanks alot bud!!! I have heard alot of good things about these TNT's hopefully it causes some damage on those darn coyotes!!!

Theres nothing on there with any info on a speer 125 grain hollow point "TNT"...

Not specifically for Speer 125's, but Lyman's 47th shows min. 43.0 gr. for 2750 fps, and 47.0 gr. for 3000 fps. You'll have to go to Speer for specific loads for Speer bullets.

Just checked in my speer book and got some info forgot a I had it!!!

The COAL for the info I got is 2.635 how do you get it down that much with out messing up the shoulder???

Normally, (maybe be different on the left coast) the CASE LENGTH is nominally 2.005". Sometimes longer but almost never shorter. If your book says the COAL is 2.635" then you have just over 1/2 an INCH from the usual case it self. What do you mean "Mess up the shoulder"??
Why not just screw the seating STEM Down until you get the desired length ? Not the whole seating die, mind you just the stem.
Maybe going here will help more.
http://www.rcbs.com/