• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

speer gold dot rifle round reports?

Re: speer gold dot rifle round reports?

Well, I can honestly say that I was unaware of them. Isn't this just the Federal Fusion bullet technology, in another package? Not sure why they chose to load them in .30 carbine, though.

Kaiser Norton

never heard of them , I can't see why LE would need a bonded bullet?
Seems to me that if you have to shoot through a barrier that you chances of bullet deflection are ALOT higher and the chot should be a pass off.
I've seem the 168gr SMK shoot through auto glass just fine.

I think it will be realy hard to get into the market that Federal has held for so long.

I know that DHS uses it in some of their carbines..from what I was told it was all they were authorized to use.

Buddy took a hog around 175 pounds yesterday with this round.

Bullet went completely through and even though he didn't hit any vitals the hog made it about 15 yards.

This is the 3rd we've taken with this round. Same effect on all.

Yep I was there.

The 64 grn 223 is a very good round. Very accurate and performed well on a small whitetail giving complete penetration of both shoulders and spine. I have been told that it needs 1:9 or faster twist. In very limited testing the 150 grn 308 seems to be more accurate than the 168, although the 168 is hunting accurate. No personal experience with termainal ballistics but seemed to do well in tests I've read.