• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Spellin

chongoMT

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 6, 2010
I just popped into the bolt action forum and am completely amazed at the lack of concern for any attempt to spell. It seems like a majority of the first 10 topics are jacked up. What is a Rilfe, is it the sound a dog makes when belly kicked? Is svage a new company. If a guy truly wants advice, at least take the time to spell your topic post correctly. Maybe I'm an A-hole?

Re: Spellin

1165714-grammar_nazi_super.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chongoMT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for providing another worthless post. </div></div>

...says the grammar Nazi who created the topic.

I'm trying to comment on attention to detail in our headers. It seems like your in a mood to instigate and I don't have time for it. You're showing your ass here. I'm done. PM me if feel the need to continue being a child.

Keep in mind, not everyone you're going to encounter in life is an English major, such as yourself. When you can't help but find fault in others, maybe it's time to look in the mirror and get your own house in order.

crybaby.jpg

chongo,
It's frustrating when trying to read a question or post where spelling and grammar looks as if a chicken was chasing a fly on the keyboard however you have to deal with it the best way you can. Some do it on purpose, others don't know any better.

I think making a post about it is a waste of your energy though. I would let this one die.

In the early part of 1974, I applied to go to work for the Anchorage Police Department. During the interview, the Chief was going over my application. He laughed and said "you can't spell for shit" then hired me.

20 years later I retired with a good pension.

In the NG it was mentioned a time or two in my OERs that I needed work on my spelling, 25 years between the Regular Army and National Guard, I have another pension.

The two people who mean more to me then anything in the world are my Lovely wife and my Beautiful 15 year old granddaughter, they tease me about my spelling but they love me.

Now ask me if I give a rats ass if people bitch about my spelling.

If it bothers you get the owners to put in a spell checker, I might or might not use it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chongoMT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm trying to comment on attention to detail in our headers. It seems like your in a mood to instigate and I don't have time for it. You're showing your ass here. I'm done. PM me if feel the need to continue being a child.</div></div>

To quote the OP here regarding his/her/it's own thoughts on the topic:

<span style="font-size: 14pt"><span style="font-weight: bold">"It seems like your in a mood to instigate and I don't have time for it. You're showing your ass here. I'm done."</span></span>

It seems to me that your own words fit best with this situation, and I couldn't have said it better myself. Couldn't agree more! Please, <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-size: 14pt">DON'T</span></span> pm if (you) feel the need to continue being a child.

Have a nice day, and no. I don't go about complaining about those of whom I come to for advice, guidance, confirmation, teachings, or humor. Mostly. I've heard though, that the Martha Stewart place is very prim and proper. Dunno, never checked as I definitely KNOW that it isn't the place for me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Derrick300</div><div class="ubbcode-body">yep<span style="color: #FF0000">,</span> <span style="color: #FF0000">*you're*</span> definitely an Asshole... </div></div>

Just because I can.....
wink.gif

But really,

I don't care too much about it, but sometimes I do find it somewhat difficult to understand what is being typed by other members, but I just let it go.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chongo MT</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Is svage a new company. </div></div>

Svages? Nevah hoid of m.

"It seems like your in a mood to instigate and I don't have time for it. You're showing your ass here. I'm done."

The spelling seems right, but not the grammer.

Thankfully we have not seen any bare asses!

Is this what you meant to say?

You're showing you're an ass here.

Just askin...

"You're showing your ass" is a colloquialism for "You are embarrassing yourself". The first time I heard it in any form was from my brother-in-law, a native Floridian. After a night on the town that involved what seemed later like a stupendous amount of Scotch, he asked me "Did I show my ass last night?"

Don't know if you an asshole or not? Do you text message on your cell, or tweet? If you do, I would be interested in understanding how you rationalize using that jargon.

350m1rd.jpg

laugh.gif

(from a self-admitted grammar Nazi)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: leagle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"You're showing your ass" is a colloquialism for "You are embarrassing yourself". The first time I heard it in any form was from my brother-in-law, a native Floridian. After a night on the town that involved what seemed later like a stupendous amount of Scotch, he asked me "Did I show my ass last night?" </div></div>

Well that depends on the situation you're in.....

Albeit true in the context you present, it is also applicable here in rural Appalachia whenever the kid(s)/wife is/are acting up and getting a bit too close to bein' out of line.

"You're showin' your ass boy/girl"....which ever may apply.

A stern growling warning best said when looking over the eye glasses, and which by Hillbilly Law preceeds one getting a "sound whippin'", if the knuckleheadedness were to continue any further.......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: _Shay_ ©</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Derrick300</div><div class="ubbcode-body">yep<span style="color: #FF0000">,</span> <span style="color: #FF0000">*you're*</span> definitely an Asshole... </div></div>

Just because I can.....
wink.gif

But really,

I don't care too much about it, but sometimes I do find it somewhat difficult to understand what is being typed by other members, but I just let it go.

</div></div>

damn it!! lmfao

Knowed I saw ths sumplaas

http://www.ritholtz.com/blog/2010/12/brain-oddities-irrelevant-spelling/

The OCD can be dealt with, to a degree.
You can only control what you do, not others.
Some need strict order.
I just store mental pictures.
No need for order, if you know what's in the dis-order.

Che'

Ya damn near sound like ya could be from west by virginia!
Let me help ya with your spelling.

Gosh , what a good spellin lesson you got goin on today -are you all learned up yet?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kraigWY</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In the early part of 1974, I applied to go to work for the Anchorage Police Department. During the interview, the Chief was going over my application. He laughed and said "you can't spell for shit" then hired me. </div></div>Aaahh, the good old days. Today, if you can't spell and/or write a proper report you won't pass your probationary employment period. I guess law enfo-cement just ain't what it used to be.
laugh.gif

Spellin is fine but punctuation and lack of capitalization can make you into a pervert. You could help your uncle jack off a mule, but wouldn't it be better if you helped your Uncle Jack, off a mule.

^^^ Good point.
Besides, mules don't like me.
Neither do ponies.

Choosing the right words comes into play too.

I once got bucked by a mule and pony, while trying to ride their backsides.