• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Spend my money. Do I need a MK20? Edit: Apparently we're forming a Uboat crew now.

Do I need to buy a MK20?

• Yes

Votes: 49 46.2%
  • Yes but in 7.62x51

Votes: 35 33.0%
  • You don't need anything let alone another gun

Votes: 7 6.6%
  • No. Buy something else (which you have posted below, or Ill just ignore you)

Votes: 15 14.2%

• Total voters

TheGerman

Oberleutnant
Minuteman
  • Jan 25, 2010
    the Westside
    So we're going to make a well rounded argument as to me needing to buy a MK20, or not. That way I can say a lot of thought went into this and it wasn't just a random purchase.

I will lay out some PROS/CONS as to why I should/shouldn't/don't need to buy it and we will go from there. Pictures of hot asian whores shooting Mk20s are also welcome.

For reference, it would be a MK20 in 6.5CM, in FDE that is the non recip version and I can have it at dealer cost.

PROS

- This would fill the 6.5 semi niche I don't have; only 6.5 gun I have is the caliber conversion kit for the MRAD
    - I'd basically keep the MRAD a 338LM most of the time and not even really switch calibers
    - I already have a ton of 6.5 reloading materials and data
    - It's available for me, in stock, at dealer cost and the entire platform is cheaper than the fucking 6.5 M110 upper I haven't been able to find in stock for literally years
    - 6.5cm > 308
    - Doesn't have reciprocating charging handle
    - Just like the M110s, has good aftermarket support and parts
    - Cheaper and easier to source parts vs KAC
    - Precision built/minded stock versus basic 'carbine' stock on a KAC
    - Folding stock
    - Monolithic rail

CONS

- I already have 2 large frame KAC M110s but both are 7.62x51/308. They would both probably never be shot.
    - Already have a 6.5 platform albeit not semi auto
    - Would require new optic at additional cost (the way its looking, would be either a NF 3.5-15 or a Vortex Razor HD.)
    - Would require new and different magazines, spare parts that have 0 parts commonality with any other rifles
    - More shit to buy, Gucci material sling, suppressor, HK grip, etc.
    - It's a 20 inch versus my 16 inch M110K1; it is also heavier
    - Do I REALLY need yet another rifle? Like seriously? Even I am questioning it at this point.
    - Would need to then add a 6.5 semi mag panel setup and figure all of that shit out.
    - Would fill a good DM role gun but chances are that 1. it wont be the gun I grab as its not a carbine and 2. I still Mk12 over everything else and doubt that thought process is going to die as its been that way for a LONG time. Plus there's that whole ammo redundancy thing.
    - The 14 different fucking shades of FDE on it are going to fuck with my OCD.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. So like, what do I do?

And I have already followed 'the chart'.

kac-jpg.7069124

Last edited:
    Lmt mws mars H lower....stag sr25 upper with lmt bcg... in 6.5 cm hammers....

If I were you I would just snag an stag sr25 upper slap a bartlein 6.5cm upper and go rock. +2" gas and superlative gas block will be super soft shooting

20220204_140430.jpg

That's a lot of words to just say 'Im poor'.

:p

I mean that's true but you already got the m110s covered...too easy to put a bartlein or kreiger in a stag sr25 upper and slap it on one of your m110 lowers and go

I still want to know what became of the U-boat you were going to procure.

Wait, which idea was this?

Where we floated around pirating ships with a uboat? I think I wanted that to happen for the sole reason that I could scream ALARM!! as loud as I could at any given time for no reason other than I was on a Uboat.

No 6.5 gas gun? And you claim to know how to shoot??! Come on man

Yes buy it

E15433CB-DF7E-4F06-B625-B057CACD16E2.jpeg
    Swap parts on one of the m110 to make it a 6.5cm. What do you need a barrel and gas tube and block? Then you’d increase spare parts supply, share mags, have one of each.

Reactions: camocorvette
    Buy them, buy them all. Max all credit cards, have a bankruptcy lier on hand.

For serious tho, it’s a really nice option to have. I shoot my 308 AR way more than the 6.5 but that’s just because I want to hammer out fundamentals with the 308

don't forget one of these if your really trying to burn the money
    1644103984462.jpeg

and if this doesn't scream too much money then how about this
    1644104131363.jpeg

your very own battle ships think of the look of shier jealousy your friends would have upon you showing them this

Wait, which idea was this?

Where we floated around pirating ships with a uboat? I think I wanted that to happen for the sole reason that I could scream ALARM!! as loud as I could at any given time for no reason other than I was on a Uboat.
    At the beginning of the plandemic, your investments were paying strong and you said something to the tune of:

"If this shit continues, I'll have a fucking U-boat".

Reactions: SilentStalkr
    At the beginning of the plandemic, your investments were paying strong and you said something to the tune of:

"If this shit continues, I'll have a fucking U-boat".

So I still like this idea. I've wondered about it a lot since I was a kid. I'm also worried it would be a 'dont meet your heros' kind of thing.

So we can basically go wherever the fuck we want, and we may or may not be heading to waters off of Africa to pirate shit.

However, I don't know shit about how to operate one as they seem ridiculously complicated and then the real question I've always had; what happens if you're just Uboating it up somewhere and some foreign nuclear sub detects you. Do they just try and figure out WTF that is, or can we actually get shot at?

I am also deathly afraid that somehow someone fucks up the toilet which then doesn't allow us to surface, yet also makes the toilet perpetually back up into the Uboat. I'm not sure if this is better, or worse than my nightmare of being rolled down a hill in a porta shitter.

The good news is, due to modern technology not only can we live on the Uboat indefinitely due to life straws and the invention of Top Ramen, but we will be able to occupy ourselves arguing over the ballistic coefficient and other bullshit, including primer seating depth, of the 10.5cm deck gun.

Last edited:
    Wait, so like 6.5 guns dont need fundamentals?

This is a fantastic discovery and sooooo much makes perfect sense now.
    Correct, you can practically just look at a target within 1 mile and hit it. I would suggest a $300 Vortex tactical scope with a BDC reticle to get the most out of your gun

Ok I’m volunteering for the U-boat crew. I don’t know shit about operating the U-boat, but I can plunger a toilet so I think we’re good.

Ok I’m volunteering for the U-boat crew. I don’t know shit about operating the U-boat, but I can plunger a toilet so I think we’re good.

There's some ridiculous process of opening and closing valves in order to flush. Can you imagine millennials in a WW2 Uboat? They would have seen 80% losses just in port from them sinking with 1 whiny ass snowflake on the shitter.

I'll stick with my surface ship. But holler when the U-boat goes down and I'll pick up the rubber rafts if any are around.

I hear the French may be in a bargaining mood when it comes to discount Submarine sales...

• Haha
    Reactions: lariat
    I hear the French may be in a bargaining mood when it comes to discount Submarine sales...

Hell, I think the French may surrender if I show up in port with a Uboat.

This would be worth it by itself.

German Uboat. Arrives in La Rochelle. Get off boat and ask what year it is.

Imagine the looks on faces.

I'd volunteer for the U-boat crew. I've always been fascinated with submarines, I'm very mechanically savvy and this is my best chance to die at sea under the command of a non-poor.

• Haha
    Reactions: 308pirate
    I get it, they’re pretty cool. That said, a pair of 6.5 creed lmt mws fell in to my lap and both turn out groups around 3/8 - 1/2 moa. I don’t love them but from a utilitarian standpoint they’re so accurate i couldn’t believe it and i don’t believe either has had a malfunction.

140, 41gr h4350, lapua brass.

i would say yes, but some of them are cratering primers or something so there is that. some have no issues at all.

Decommissioned-Foxtrot-Submarine-4.jpg

• Complement: 12 officers, 10 warrants, 56 seamen
    • Operating Depth: 246–296 m (807–971 ft)
    • Size: Length- 92 m (302 ft); Beam- 7.5 m (25 ft); Draft- 5.1 m (17 ft)
    • Endurance: 3-5 days submerged
    • Armament: 10 torpedo tubes (6 bow, 4 stern) Up to 22 torpedoes
    • Support: Complete start-up support will be provided on request

Reactions: camocorvette