• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Spend my money!!

kylec

Private
Minuteman
Jan 31, 2014
Cullman, AL
I bought an MDT Oryx chassis during their sale thinking I had a spare 10/22 in the safe to drop in it. I was wrong.

So, now I have a chassis and a couple of scope options for a 10/22 build.

I HAVE NOT THOUGHT ABOUT A 10/22 build until today......so, spend my money!!! I need an action (obviously a 10/22), barrel, and trigger......GO!

I bought an MDT Oryx chassis during their sale thinking I had a spare 10/22 in the safe to drop in it. I was wrong.

So, now I have a chassis and a couple of scope options for a 10/22 build.

I HAVE NOT THOUGHT ABOUT A 10/22 build until today......so, spend my money!!! I need an action (obviously a 10/22), barrel, and trigger......GO!

Kidd receiver, bolt, barrel and trigger are good options…

... what are you using the rifle for?
not sure, again I haven't thought about it before today but I now have a chassis and multiple scope options.

I have a bone stock 10/22, one in a choate stock with bx trigger, one in a magpul hunter with bx trigger, and multiple m&p 22's.

I'm looking for a really nice upgrade from those

$300 chasis? just sell it... don't throw good money after bad.
Keep you danged logic to yourself!

Hey OP, if you don't go with a Kidd (Supergrade, of course) and can wait for something that may not actually materialize, check this:

Seen the stock LDRs before on the web but wasn't aware that they had a barrel nut.

• Haha
Reactions: ma smith
Go with the trend….
IMG_6066.jpeg

I’m seeing a trend develop here…
Except for the guy on my squad that couldn't get his to feed or eject properly. I forget which, but he was upset.

I thought about building a 10/22 a while back. Pretty sure I decided to start with the Brownell's receiver. Been a while since I thought about it tho

M

+3 on a Kidd barreled action. I have 2, wish I had went SG on one of them.
All 5 of ours are "Classic Slip Fit", no regrets here. I didn't and still don't have any plans to swap barrels, so I may not be in the majority of folks.

Kidd products are some of the best components I have ever used ... on anything. Their 2 stage trigger is pure magic.

I have three KIDDs. I first one is the older threaded on barrel which I love, but no longer offered. The other two are newer supergrades which I would recommend to the OP over the classic slip fit. Nothing wrong with the classic, the the barrel system on the supergrade makes it extremely easy to remove/install barrels. A worthy upgrade in my opinion. I also have both single and two stage triggers and both are amazing, which one the OP should go with really depends on the use of the rifle.

Or you could just read the other post about 10/22's with about 1000 people telling you buy a Kidd.

Y'all definitely did what I asked!!
I went to the Kidd website and I have a SuperGrade barreled action with 20" .920 fluted, polished, and threaded barrel with all the options in my cart...... $1,319....Thats a little more than I was looking to spend.
If I was to order all of this I would have about $2k in the rifle when including the cost of the chassis, scope, rings and bipod.

I went to the Kidd website and I have a SuperGrade barreled action with 20" .920 fluted, polished, and threaded barrel with all the options in my cart...... $1,319....Thats a little more than I was looking to spend.
If I was to order all of this I would have about $2k in the rifle when including the cost of the chassis, scope, rings and bipod.
The super grade is nice and I've owned 2...I went classic this time because I doubt anyone would know the difference shooting them side by side.
Kidd is not cheap but you will know why when you get it and shoot it.

Not sure, make sure your chassis accepts the rear tang of SG.

When I spring for my Kidd by the time I bought barreled action, stock optic rings bipod magazines etc, I think I was right around 2500 bucks. But money well spent. It is not only accurate beyond my personal capabilities but very reliable. I have had only a handful of malfunctions in 2 years, all traced to a single bad magazine.
since putting it together, I have never taken it apart. Just clean whatever I can get to with special attention to the chamber, and it just keeps running

Both of mine are supergrades. My two kids have claimed them. They are both spectacular. Kidd make great pieces!

If you want to carry the Kidd in the woods, their Ultralight 16.5” fluted barrel is made of helium. Magic!

And with the SG, takes 15-30sec to barrel swap.

If you want a less expensive barrel option (less expensive not cheaper) look into a Federsen barrel. I have had a few in the past and just started ammo testing the one on my current build. This one does well with SK Biathlon.
5 shots at 100yds.
image.jpg

Reactions: Pipefitter I’m
As far as triggers go, you will be hard pressed to find a better 10/22 trigger than the KIDD. I have on of their two stage triggers and it is fabulous.

I'm still weighing my options.

No doubt that just ordering the Kidd barreled action, bolt, and trigger would be the easiest option. However, I'm not sure that I will ever do anything that would require/justify the cost.

I'm still weighing my options.

No doubt that just ordering the Kidd barreled action, bolt, and trigger would be the easiest option. However, I'm not sure that I will ever do anything that would require/justify the cost.
Just shooting it will justify the cost...and keep in mind this is a life time investment and if you decide to sell at some point you'll recoup most of your money...with a Frankingun your going to take a big loss....if money is an issue for you save up...at the end of the day your saving money going with the Kidd.

If you want a less expensive barrel option (less expensive not cheaper) look into a Federsen barrel. I have had a few in the past and just started ammo testing the one on my current build. This one does well with SK Biathlon.
5 shots at 100yds.
View attachment 8314344
Brownells currently has a smoken deal on a Fedderson barrel. Iput one on mine so I could run my suppressor and it shoots right with my unthreaded Kidd. FWIW

If you want to carry the Kidd in the woods, their Ultralight 16.5” fluted barrel is made of helium. Magic!

And with the SG, takes 15-30sec to barrel swap.
As good as those barrels shoot, I wouldn't bother changing unless you just need really long strings of fire. Since OP, bought a chassis, I'm guessing this won't be a woods gun.

Reactions: carbonbased
As good as those barrels shoot, I wouldn't bother changing unless you just need really long strings of fire. Since OP, bought a chassis, I'm guessing this won't be a woods gun.
This is strictly a fun gun....bench, steel, etc.

edited to add: it's also something I hadn't even considered until a buddy sent me a link to the MDT sale.

This is strictly a fun gun....bench, steel, etc.

edited to add: it's also something I hadn't even considered until a buddy sent me a link to the MDT sale.
Then I would go straight for a KIDD 20" heavyweight barrel. It'll balance better, and shoot lights out. This is a group from my ultralightweight 16.5" with no accuracy guarantee.

hv4jyOx.png

Just an FYI, the rear tang is usually an option. If your KIDD has it, it is removeable if needed to mount into a chassis or stock without the inletting for one.