• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Spent New Years Eve in the ER

shooter65

General
Banned !
Minuteman
  • Jun 19, 2004
    Indiana
    Tore my left bicep and tendons last night. It is 1/2 way up my arm. Surgery Monday. Fun wow!!!

Re: Spent New Years Eve in the ER

Uhh! How'd you manage that? That's a nasty injury!!!!!!!

Holy shit, sorry to hear that. Any word as to whether its something you're likely to recover from, or is it too soon?

Best wishes to you. I hope its something you can recover 100% from. It has got to be traumatic to see your bicep effed up like that, aside from the pain, which was probably alot.

I would imagine that it hurt quite a bit.
    Get well soon!

Holy chit shooter. Good luck buddy. LISTEN to them on the post op recovery. DON'T push this one...time....it takes time to heal this one.

Must have been one of those 2 beers people have right before they go to jail, you know those 2 HUGE BEERS. I always wondered how big they really were. Didn't realize they were big enough to tear a bicep.

Mike

http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=A00376

I assume it has been weakening for some time now and just snapped on me at a party last night. It did get my attention rather quickly.This will make the second surgery in 8 months.

Knock on wood back has been fine.Doesn't look like I will be shooting my new Kelby Panda for a while.

I assume the weightlifting had weakened it and the beverage glass finished it off.

Toradol and Percocet.

Thanks. Way to go PSU!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ghogs Nightmare</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Man that sucks...wish ya well on the Surgery.
    At least those Penn State bums won for ya today. </div></div>

Just had that surgery Jul 31st. Best advice I can offer is that when they tell you to start taking the Percocet, start taking the Percocet. They aren't kidding when they tell you that you wanna stay ahead of the pain, even if it sends you in to unconsciousness for a day or two. Ask me how I know.

Hopefully you'll get lucky and be one who doesn't experience much pain after the surgery. I fell on the opposite end of the spectrum unfortunately. The good news is that 4 months after I was pain free for the first time in a year and not having any problems at the gym. Mine was 90% torn when they got in there to repair it.

Good luck Shooter.

2nd surgery in 8 months. shit is getting old.

bicep0001.jpg

I tore bicep tendon at the shoulder. I have had a few surgeries but this one was by far the worst. Probably because of the screws they had to use to fix it.

It still hurts from time to time but at least it isn't weak like it was before.

Hanng n there it will get better.

Dolomite

Holidays in the ER...

Ah, yes; I remember it well. Actually, I don't; in 2004, I missed all of Christmas, and nearly missed New Year too.

At least it could have been significantly worse...

Greg

I hope all goes well with your recovery. Lots of patience and painkillers.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greg Langelius *</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Holidays in the ER...

Ah, yes; I remember it well. Actually, I don't; in 2004, I missed all of Christmas, and nearly missed New Year too.

At least it could have been significantly worse...

Greg </div></div>

I think we had a pool on this: Does Saint Peter need another cranky old dude.

Glad he was not under-staffed for your skill set.

Pete

Take it slow if you can Shooter! I am so glad that hasn't happened to me as I need my enormous strength to hump big ass doors, and wipe my arse!

Get well soon.

Well, it turned out I was kept around for a reason. Got to help Celia with her recovery, and I got to see my newest (6 months old) Grandaughter. It appears that there's finally a second blue-eyed blond in the family. She and me, and that's it. Actually she's the only one left, now; I'm half white-haired, half bald.

..and still cranky after all these years...

Stay warm and safe, Pete.

Greg

Uhhh, yuck!

Good luck and Godspeed tomorrow.

Keep us posted on your recovery, and above all, get well soon!!

I'm back. Dr. said all went well. Still on morphine but I can tell this will hurt when it wears off. Hand is numb and arm is burning.

Holy $hit!
    Did you do that by weight lifting?

New Years Eve party. Don't ask !!

What sucks is I just got a new Kelby Panda 6.5x47L , 12-42 NF scope and all the reloading equip to go with it. Will be sitting for a while. Dr. said no lifting for 3 months which will only be very light and normal workouts not for 6 months. And in 3 days I will be 45. But the good thing is it is 75 degrees outside!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HotIce</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Holy $hit!
    Did you do that by weight lifting?
    </div></div>

A classic presentation of the distal biceps rupture.
    Get her fixed...
    Tell the surgeon to watch out for the PIN.. ha ha *(he'll know what U mean)

Shooter I got a Surgeon Scalpel in 6.4X47Lapua. If you want you can send me your Kelby and I'll get a load worked up for you while you are down. I have 123 and 139 scenars, 130VLD, and some lighter stuff you probably don't care about. I use RL15 and Varget, but my goto round is 139gr scenar over 37gr RL15 set .02 off the lands.
    What twist is your barrel?

F Class Panda R-L, Krieger 1-8'' twist, 6.5 x 47 .297 neck, Kelby 1M stock black with silver flakes, Jewell Trigger.

kelby10001.jpg

kelby20001.jpg

kelby30001.jpg

kelby40001.jpg

kelby50001.jpg

kelby60001.jpg

kelby70001.jpg

kelby80001.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: crumpmd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Shooter I got a Surgeon Scalpel in 6.4X47Lapua. If you want you can send me your Kelby and I'll get a load worked up for you while you are down. I have 123 and 139 scenars, 130VLD, and some lighter stuff you probably don't care about. I use RL15 and Varget, but my goto round is 139gr scenar over 37gr RL15 set .02 off the lands.
    What twist is your barrel?
    </div></div>

grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Probably from groping one of those unnatural, rock hard, California silicon breastesses!

Get well soon 65. </div></div>

Damn brother, that looks like a pita..I cut my quad off with a draw knife once, my whole leg muscle knotted up by my nutsack, freaky feeling seeing a muscle where it isn't supposed to be. Hope you heal well bro.