• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Firearms SPF: Accuracy International AX .308

heytonyman

Minuteman
Jul 5, 2010
Franklin, PA
2013 Accuracy International AX .308 in very good condition. Typical AI wear around the bottom of the magazine well. I am very meticulous about keeping my investments clean and in good condition. Purchased new by me from Jason at EuroOptic. OD Green with the 16" rail upgrade. Action has approx 1800 rounds thru it. It has had one service it it's lifetime at AINA HQ in Fredericksburg when the original trigger developed a ton of creep in the second stage. Trigger assembly was replaced and has had over 1500 flawless rounds since.

I am listing it with the original 24" .308 with approx 500 rounds on it. Shoots 185 Juggernauts at 2725fps with amazing accuracy. No pressure signs whatsoever on the brass and I will share all of my data with the buyer. Barrel is profiled for the Badger FTE brake and it will be included with the sale. Also included are the Victor Company grippy cheek piece, HTI skid plate, and one AX magazine. No scope / mount / can / bipod / sling. All of the original AI parts and accessories are included (rail sections, original cheek piece, etc).

Asking SPF shipped to your FFL. No Paypal for firearm transactions. Bank Check from a major bank, USPS Money Order, or Personal Check with up to 2 weeks to fully clear. Cash FTF in the Western PA area only for vouched-for Hide Members and we will meet at the closest police station.

Trades Considered: Autothrow / Autotrickler setup for FX120i

Edit: I also have additional items to negotiate to the buyer. I have a 26" AINA .243 barrel round count approx 1200. I have a new / unused OTM Tactical AI Action Wrench, a Viper barrel vice, Redding .243 FL die set with the comp seater, and a Redding .308 3-die set with the comp seater and 5 TiNi bushings for adjusting neck tension. I also have 300+/- pieces of 1-2x fired Lapua .308 brass from this rifle. Also have 300+/- pieces of 4x fired Lapua .243 brass fired from this rifle. All of these items can be negotiated into the sale of this rifle if the buyer chooses to make this an extremely turn-key package.

4.jpg
14.jpg

9.jpg
5.jpg
10.jpg
6.jpg

Last edited:
So this is for rifle only?

Listing rifle with the .308 barrel and the Badger FTE muzzle brake. I am flexible with this sale however. Let me know if you would prefer a different configuration.

If you are interested in the .243 barrel, reloading items or barrel change items listed in the last paragraph, we can talk about that too. Shoot me a PM ??.

Last edited:
Asking price reduced and lots of extras added to negotiate into the sale. I am willing to configure this however the buyer chooses, very flexible. Shoot me a PM (y)

No worries, ask away. This does not have the quick change barrel system of the 2014+ AI’s but all of the short action AX’s and AT’s use the same barrels regardless of year. I have the items needed to change the barrels yourself available for sale if you are interested. It is an easy process.

Reactions: armydog
Is this an AX with the AT buttstock or an AT with an AX forend? You say you have an action wrench available, so I am confused.

edit: you posted a response while i was typing this. Kinda answered my question.

No worries. Looking at their current lineup I can see how you could easily confuse the two. AI is pretty notorious for making changes along the way but not changing the name.

Reactions: wade2big
No worries, ask away. This does not have the quick change barrel system of the 2014+ AI’s but all of the short action AX’s and AT’s use the same barrels regardless of year. I have the items needed to change the barrels yourself available for sale if you are interested. It is an easy process.

Ok this i need to learn about.

To change the barrel on a pre-14, you tighten the barrel down in a barrel vice, remove the bolt, insert the action wrench, and loosen the action off of the barrel. No other disassembly is needed.

To install, clamp the new barrel in the vice, thread the action onto the barrel, insert the action wrench, and tighten to 100 ft/lbs. Reinstall the bolt and shoot.

No recoil lugs to mess with. No headspace gauges needed. Tighten down and shoot. I personally prefer torquing a barrel to 100 ft/lbs verses the “hand tight and torque the lock bolt” of the newer guns. It leaves the door open for problems, which I have personally experienced on a newer model AI.

Thanks. I’m torn to part with it but it deserves more attention than I can give it lately. It will make someone very happy for a long time to come.

Oh man i hope i get my tax return before this goes away... doubt it.

I've also done the same. Taken $500 up front and held it for 30 days for someone. Unless the seller needs the cash right now, most guys will work with you. Worst case for them is they keep the 500 deposit. Always worth a try.

Reactions: Ravenyzf-r6
Really appreciate the opportunity, if things go my way i will let you know. Been saving for an AT but i reeeeeally like this ax. Do you use the AI receiver wrench for barrell changes or an after market one?

No problem just keep me posted. The action wrench I have is the Adams Custom Rifles sold by OTM Tactical. It's never been used. I had the .243 barrel put on at AINA HQ 6 years ago and it's never been off the rifle since. I fell in love with that laser of a 6mm and never let it go. 3175fps with 105 Hybrids is addicting. 6.5 Mils to 1000 last weekend with a 120' DA ;)

I have the same rifle in multiple cals. It takes me less than 3 minutes to change a barrel. Rail and everything stays in place.

Never seen an AX not completely trashed sell this low. Regardless, price has been lowered once more. I was laid off and she has to go.

Seriously can't believe this is still here at this price. 100% bomb proof rifle.