• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Firearms *SPF* ... Bighorn TL3 (Stainless, 308 BF) - $1100

zTikkaCHUz

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jan 31, 2019
North Cackalak

I have a 22" Bartlein barrel from Bison Tactical I can include for $700 ($900 from Bison Tactical) and the 223 bolt face.

I mounted this one for a build mock up to a MDT chassis (MDT chassis in a PE separate post). Never fired.

$1100 for the action. $700 for the 223 barrel and the 223 bolt face.

Reactions: buggz
@ChiefSillyHorse

Pics: Mags. Confirmed 5/8x24. Muzzle device NOT included.

If someone purchases the action AND the barrel I'll include:
$1100 action, $700 (223 barrel), 223 Mags ($40x5), = $1800 (Discounting barrel and mags)

To make this into a 6.5CM, I would need to do what?
Different bolt, barrel, mags?
Would this then require a smith to head gauge the barrel and bolt?

This action is ready as is for 6.5CM. 6.5 & 308 share the same bolt face with most common short action calibers. You just need a prefit barrel from Bison tactical, Preferred barrels, Altus, Bugholes, Straight jacket, etc etc.

ETA: No changes to AICS 308 mags. No changes to bolt for 'common short action calibers'.

With this action you can go from a 16" 308 to a 24"CM with barrel swaps and no changes to the action. You could also extend that to 223-308-300win short with the bolt faces from bighorn. They'll even make custom bolt faces like 224valk or x39 (and preferred barrels makes a x39 barrel, kinda cool but expensive for crap russian surplus ammo).

I'd love to take a poll to see how many of us headspace on these prefits from high end manufacturers like impact/BH/kelby/etc. I personally dont but a go/nogo set wouldnt be a bad idea if you're swapping frequently.

ETA (bad at proofreading today): I got this action because its so modular. finally the bolt world is catching up to the AR's. Swap chassis/stock caliber, barrel, etc

Thank you for this information!

I will take this as arranged.

Last edited:
Reactions: Smokenaces