• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accessories ***SPF*** BushMaster 24" Varminter A3 Complete AR15 Upper Receiver. ***SPF***

338LM_Sniper

Supporter
Minuteman
  • I am selling the complete Upper Receiver off of my BushMaster Varminter A3 AR15 Rifle. This is the Perfect Upper for shooting small rodents at Long Distances. It is in Great Shape with less then 200 rounds fired thru it. With Match Ammo this Upper shoots 1/4" groups at 100 yards, and with Lake City M193 ammo it was giving me 1/2" groups. This thing is a Laser.

BushMaster 24" Varminter A3 Upper Receiver. 5.56 1/9 twist Heavy 24" Fluted Barrel.

This is an Original Bushmaster Barreled Upper, not one of the Remington made versions.(or whoever owns them today) This came off of a BushMaster XM15 E2S that was made in Windham ME with the Lower Receiver Serial Number starting with the letter L. (L159XXX) much more Desirable than the Non MilSpec NY built version assembled by Remington.

I am keeping the Lower Receiver for another project and only selling the Complete Upper.

Bushmaster products
    The Bushmaster AR-15 Varminter A3 Flattop Upper Assembly features a 24" Fluted Extra Heavy Barrel in 5.56mm/.223 Rem. caliber with 11 degree competition crown; heavyweight 1" diameter under the handguard; custom match hybrid chamber with a tighter SAAMI Spec headspace from the shoulder of the chamber to the bolt face, and longer chamber throat or "Leade". This accommodates 5.56mm ammunition without developing higher pressures encountered when firing 5.56mm ammo in a .223 chamber with shorter "Leade" (both calibers can be used safely). Rifling is 1 in 9" twist for optimum performance with most lighter bullet weight varmint cartridges, and the barrel is fluted to increase cooling and reduce weight.

The Varminter Upper's shell ejection path has been modified to drop all your brass in the same place as a convenience for the reloader. A vented forend with bipod/sling stud installed, free-floats the barrel from the barrel nut forward. This Upper is complete with Bolt, Bolt Carrier and Charging Handle.

$580 Shipped TYD.

***Reduced to Only $499 Shipped***

Varminter.jpg
    Upper Right Side.jpg
    Upper Left Side.jpg
    Carrier.jpg
    Carrier-2.jpg

Last edited:
    Got any pictures that you can post of groups shot with this rifle?

How many rounds have been down the pipe? I use to own both the 24" varminter and the 24" national match before Bushmaster sold out to Freedom Group. The varmint and the match from that era are both deadly accurate. The real difference though is the barrels. The National Match had a chrome lined while the varmint didn't. So that's why I am curious about how many rounds have been down it.