• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Firearms SPF Custom FN 98 Mauser in 35 Whelen

jgraham1

Gun Nut
Minuteman
Apr 17, 2004
Dayton, Wyoming
Custom built old commercial FN Supreme Mauser 98 large ring action I bought at a gunshow with what they call the Sako target trigger, fully adjustable, a side mounted 2-position safety and a hinged floorplate with a release in the trigger bow. All original FN Supreme action, and reported to be the best Mauser 98 actions ever made. Also bought a new Shilen heavy sporter barrel blank in 35 Whelen and a plain wood stock. I sent the action, barrel, stock, new B-Square hex head action screws and a new Superior Shooting Speedlock Firing Pin Kit by Tubbs to Gene Gordner Custom in Kalispell, MT. He trued the action, rounded the crown on the muzzle, lapped the bolt lugs, smoothed the action, installed and headspaced the barrel, installed a 1-inch black Pachmayr Decelerator pad, glass bedded the stock and free floated the barrel. The rifle metal was then finished in matte hard chrome by Accurate Plating and Weaponry while the stock was sealed and painted in a camo pattern.

I mounted Weaver Grand Slam steel bases and 30mm Quick Detachable Weaver rings, a Swarovski PVI 1,25-4X24 L LG illuminated scope with the Circle/Dot reticle for hog and large game hunting. My intent was to hog hunt as the scope allows very fast acquisition. The scope has Butler Creek scope caps and a Scopecoat cover and I have the original box and paperwork with tool, extra battery and original elevation/windage caps. I installed an Allen butt cuff that holds 9 rounds, and a black Safari Sling. Price includes everything listed above. I have never shot the rifle since built. Get yourself some ammo, or roll your own, and you are ready to hunt.

Will sell with or without all the accessories. If shipped, must ship to an FFL and they must accept from a private person. I have over $2500 tied up in the build. Shipped with everything is $1450 or $750 for the rifle alone. Local pickup in Springfield, Virginia with everything is $1400 and $700 for the rifle alone. I accept cash, MO and personal checks. No trades or PayPal. Contact me with any questions.

Jerry

Last edited: