• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Optics SPF WTS Trijicon SNIPE-IR $6,800 shipped CONUS

wigwamitus

Strictly Offensive Kit
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 5, 2014
LBJ
SPF WTS Trijicon SNIPE-IR $6,800 shipped CONUS

49511544512_181d4e1989_h.jpg

Got this scope in Nov 2019. Had been hoping I could get to 656 yards with it, but no joy.

==
Strengths:

Helmet mountable as 1x optic in hybrid mode, this is a REAP/Patrol equivalent image though it is reduced in size due to some optical demagnification, but it works fine with my olde eyeballs, so you youngsters should do just fine. If I just wanted a head mounted spotter, I'd rather have the Patrol (I have one of those also), but the SNIPE is more usable as a head mounted spotter than I expected. So this aspect exceeded expectations.

Single center tap on the joy stick will toggle between hybrid mode and clipon mode. Very useful for spotting and PID, then to shoot, switch to clipon mode.

With numerous dismounts and remounts and shooting groups before and after, the average POI shift is under .75 inches at 100yds, so under 1 MOA.

I've killed several yotes, coons and opossum with it, so it works fine as a thermal clipon for under 300yds.

It can crank a lot of magnification, more than I expected ... 10x is not problem ... it gets darker after than, but not really fuzzier, just you can see the fuzz better.

==
Weaknesses:

Maybe its just me, but I struggle with boresighting the SNIPE with the joy stick (note this means I would have the same struggle zeroing the reap and the snipe bore sight process is same as reap zeroing process). I've had the patrol for several years and its a joy stick but I've mostly used it on my head and the joystick works fine there but when I'm trying to move the POI around with the joy stick, sometimes I move it one click and sometimes I move it 3 clicks, and I have a hard time telling the difference.
In hindsight, I think just dialing the offset on the day scope would be easier. But I just bought an LWTS-LR and need to sell the SNIPE to pay back my internal loan. But for me trying to zero with the joystick is tougher than I expected.

I was able to hit 12 inch steel at 400yds with it, but thats as far out as I could get. But again, most hunting, for under 300yds, its more than fine. And that includes mounting and dismounting. Just make sure you push the SNIPE forward in the rail when mounting. And screw it down hand tight.

==
Thru lens pics
400yds heated 12 inch steel hybrid mode
49368756663_f63048c253_h.jpg

250-300yds cattle clipon mode
49255703716_1da9aa632c_h.jpg

200-250yds cattle hybrid mode
49251351791_4e5a5e00f2_b.jpg

The bales in the distance are 400yds

Geese on pond 300yds clipon mode
49240880988_7da1cd6351_h.jpg

Note, I suque at thru the lens pics.

==

Summary: So for a hunting clipon for under 300yds its fine. For a head mounted thermal, that's not its primary sweet spot ( due to demagnified image) but it is very usable in that mode, even with my olde eyeballs. Ability to rapidly switch between hybrid and clipon mode is key to optimizing image for PID and still being able to use day reticle for aimig. If I had mmore time with it, I would mitigate my joy stick boresighting issues by dialing the offset with the day scope. It should be totally repeatable. Mount repeatability was shown to be sub 1 moa with multiple tests.

==
Payment methods: Check, money order or wire

Partial Trades considered:

ATACR F1 4-16x T3 digillium illum
L3 COTI (x1 or x2)
Skeet COTI Mount
Bravo Tan or Green chassis with all original parts, but no add on parts needed

Please PM with additional questions.

Thanks for looking !!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Bravo6niner
Is it just me or does the image look better in the "hybrid" mode vs the clip on mode when used with the day scope in front of it? is there a difference between the modes on the clipon? Also what power do you have the scope set at on the cow picture that looks so clear? Im interested in a thermal clip on and this or the UTCX is the two options im considering. The Xii is a little out of my price range at 20k+

bump

reasonable offers considered

thx for looking !!