• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sphur Ideal Mount Help!

RyanD1989

Private
Minuteman
Aug 24, 2021
Bethlehem, PA
Hi All,

Long time lurker first time poster! I just built my dream PRS rig, Defiance Deviant Tactical action with 20MOA built into the rail. Nightforce 7-35 ATACR 34MM tube 56MM objective. I purchased the Spuhr-4602 to mount with 20.6MOA built in. The centerline height is 1.5" or 38MM and I'm thinking it looks/feels a bit too high.

Looking back, my goal is to shoot out to about 1000-1200yrds so I'm not sure if I need the full 40MOA built into the base/action. Assuming I can go with a 0-MOA mount I'm not sure which Spuhr mount I should purchase while still leaving enough room for scope caps. Maybe the SP-4001?

Any opinions, suggestions welcome!
IMG_8310.JPG
IMG_8309.JPG

Reactions: rancher5
She is a bit high....SP-4001 should be fine

I feel like it's a bit higher than I'm used to. The cheekpiece is raised to a comfortable level for me to look down the center of the scope which just looks really high to me. I went ahead and ordered the 4001 so I'll see how that works.

Lot of folks on here prefer the higher position and get very insistent upon the advantages.
Not my thing but you might as well give it a try. Also a search here will turn up a thread addressing the pros and cons of it all.

The drop of comb on that stock looks to be more then normal.

Comb is standard Manners height. I just have the cheekpiece raised up to a comfortable position which is...high. Looking at it now the comb would actually be too high if it was a long action since the bolt wouldn't fit into the cheekpiece cutout. So I think certainly lower on the scope mount is going to be the ticket. I'll post some updated photos when the new mount get delivered.

Thanks everyone for all your help!

Nice looking rig! .308? You will be giving up 6 mil elevation with the 4001. The 4601 would have retained that elevation in a slightly shorter height. I'm guessing you'd still have around 18-20 mil or elevation with the 4001. That should get you out to 1200 yards.

Nice looking rig! .308? You will be giving up 6 mil elevation with the 4001. The 4601 would have retained that elevation in a slightly shorter height. I'm guessing you'd still have around 18-20 mil or elevation with the 4001. That should get you out to 1200 yards.
Thank you! 6.5CM. I'll be posting a build thread once I have some time to get some rounds on paper!