• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Spikes Barrels?

Re: Spikes Barrels?

They either use or gave me the ootion when I ordered my upper to use a Daniel Defense. Its been so long ago I cant remember lol. But I know I went with the Daniel Defense barrel with the magniesum phosphate coating. I have done a couple of 30 rnd mag dumps and it had held up just fine.

Most AR barrels in ths country are made by 3 or 4 barrel manufacturers and sold to everyone else. ER Shaw, Green Mtn, Bulldog. DPMS, Bushy and Remington AR barrels are made by Montana barrels. In the end all 4150 CMV barrels will take the heat don't look for a name look for the material.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bustin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Most AR barrels in ths country are made by 3 or 4 barrel manufacturers and sold to everyone else. ER Shaw, Green Mtn, Bulldog. DPMS, Bushy and Remington AR barrels are made by Montana barrels. In the end all 4150 CMV barrels will take the heat don't look for a name look for the material. </div></div>

As far as I know, none of those are for Spikes.

The current Spikes Cold Hammer Forged barrel is made by FN, and is a fantastic barrel, just look at the Centurion, Noveske N4, or PSA FN barrels.

spikes receiver will take all types of barrels, i have a dpms on mine and it fits perfect, i believe that the spike barrels are ok if your going to run Full Auto you don't need a high precision barrel besides it would eat it up quick and take the true spot on out of it. spikes barrels are good for full auto but your not going to place a sub moa shot after full auto running so it don't matter what barrel you use in my opinion

X2 on what bustin said above.. name brands on AR barrels are just that.. names. and Spikes, well being a good company, doesnt make anything lol... they sell everyone elses stuff with a spider on it.. so it prob is a DD barrel, which Im sure would handle full auto..

Good info, thanks. Any ideas on where to get the cheapest of any of these suggested barrels. Spikes is $199, which was not the cheapest I've found, but I've used their stuff and I know it's reliable. THe only other manuf I have experience with is WOA, but this isn't what I'm looking for.