• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Spikes Build

ez bake

Private
Minuteman
Jul 8, 2008
Morris, OK - USA
Edited - Fail, I guess I have to upload and can't link to Photo-bucket here
confused.gif

Here's a Spikes Tactical build that I barely got done before the Election (it was like pulling teeth to get a mid-length gas tube).

Its my Hog-Hunter now - love dragging it around the Oklahoma brush instead of a heavier bolt-gun.

Re: Spikes Build

Hey Winman - how's it going?

That knife is a Busse Combat Game Warden btw.

Thanks for the compliments. I'm toying with the idea of getting a magnifier for the eotech or just getting a magnified optic with a quick-detach mount so I can still use the irons if need be.

Its by no means a long-range shooter, but it does fine out to about 200yds on even the 55gr plinking stuff.

Re: Spikes Build

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: angelone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">nice setup,and troubles with the 553 ? </div></div>

Nope - just that its not super-lightweight and it doesn't provide magnification. In the brush that I hog-hunt, its not usually necessary, but I've recently found a few higher up spots that afford some 100+ yard views and possibly some hog kills at that range.

My eyes aren't what they used to be and I don't think I have the spotting skills to see hogs rooting around at that range with the forest and brush background they've got to hide in.

We'll see I guess. I toyed with the idea of going with an aimpoint and the magnifyer too - or just getting the Turkey-gun Leupold magnified shot-gun scope that's already FDE (cause FDE is cool - especially in Oklahoma dead-grass) but I've not decided on anything at the moment.

Not sure yet - don't do enough shooting at that range to really get a magnified optic, but the eotech magnifiers (and Aimpoint magnifiers) are expensive enough that I'd almost rather get a dedicated magnified scope instead of spending that kind of money on a magnifier.