• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Spikes Livewire based LR 308 issues

QuarterHorse

Private
Minuteman
Apr 3, 2018
Waukee, Iowa
I’ve searched and searched, called spikes, emailed spikes, no luck yet and feel I have it narrowed down but thought I’d hold my hat in hand and ask you gentlemen.

New build for my dad, I told him I’ve heard horror stories of LR308 builds etc... but thought we’d give it a shot after doing several AR15 builds. Parts list I feel are the issues as follows:

Spikes Livewire billet set
Fail Zero BCG
Magpul G3 mags and a Pro Mag

The problem is that the BCG will drag on either style mag and not go into battery. The bolt face will passbetween the feed lips and the bcg body will get caught and stop. I feel three possibilities. Also, with the bolt closed, no rounds in mag, it will not latch in the lower.

1. Lower cut incorrectly, doubtful but possible I guess.
2. BCG out of spec, again I wouldn’t think but possible
3. Mag catch has mag too high. I’ve swapped this out with others but am having the same issue with all of them?

I have calls into Spikes and will call Fail Zero tomorrow as well but thought I’d ask here as well. I searched and couldn’t find anything, any help would be appreciated