• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Spikes ST-22 / YHM Mite - review and pic

garandman

Bad Advice for Free
Banned !
Minuteman
Nov 17, 2009
Huntington WV
Just got this upper...

Specs:

22rf Spikes Tactical upper
9.5" barrell
YHM Spectre lightweight rail
Fakepoint red dot
YHM Mite 22 suppressor
BlackDog mag
Magpul CTR butt
Hogue grip
Redimag
YHM scope riser
YHM f/r iron sights

zwdhqf.jpg

At first go, I had 1 failure every other round.

Now I have about 1 failure per 25 round mag. (Prolly 200 rounds thru it to date. In my experience, pretty much every 22rf semi needs at least 500 rounds thru it before you can judge it's functionality)

Seems to have more marginal functionality w/o the suppressor. The hammer will sometimes not engage the sear, and will ride the bolt back into battery. Did not "slam fire."

Rem subsonic works real well with the suppressor. Rem Thunderbolt / Golden Bullet all worked well.

Noticed it helps to push the mag up into the mag well when firing.

In my estimation (including what I've heard from other people) I would not recommend going with a shorter barrel than this. Especially if you want to shoot unsuppressed, or FA.

Re: Spikes ST-22 / YHM Mite - review and pic

Nice Rig, you may want to try a reduced power Hammer spring, or bend one of the legs back a little bit, it may help out .

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: STLTAC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice Rig, you may want to try a reduced power Hammer spring, or bend one of the legs back a little bit, it may help out . </div></div>

Good idea. Any idea where to get a reduced hammer spring? Brownells? I haven't looked yet.

Try an old hammer spring first, over bend the legs a little at a time, or cut one leg off, cheap easy possible fix..

brownells has a set of reduced power springs for $4 fyi. looks nifty. where did you find the fake point? i saw some for $40 on ebay. Facogs are more, but still affordable for the price.