• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Spikes T1 With TUBB spring?

RECKON SO

Minuteman
Jul 7, 2009
Cullman Alabama
I know this will be an easy one for the AR gurus. What I had in mind for the next build is a SYRAC adjustable gas block so I could more or less tune the gas system. It will be on a BCM 16 inch mid length with a PWS FSC comp. What Im wondering is has anybody tried the Spikes T1 buffer with the TUBB flatwire buffer spring? I figured the lightest reciprocating mass would be a good thing seeing how I can set the gas for best results. Anybody tried this combo or similar? Any issues?

Re: Spikes T1 With TUBB spring?

Don't know about the T1 but I have a <span style="font-weight: bold">T2</span> and Tubbs flatwire in a DD 14.5 mid LS build.
Working just fine.

I appreciate it, Ive read a couple of places that the tubb spring is a little stiff, but if it will run a heavier buffer ok then I should be good. I reckon I could just jack up the gas if I need to.

I would not get the Syrac. It will foul and lock up, it will not shut off the gas sys either. Ask me how I know. It is expensive as hell. After buying a Syrac and being disappointed I bought a DA7 it costs less. It is a simpler design and it only takes one allen wrench to adjust not 2 hands like the syrac. It has a captured detent (syrac does not and if you take the the screw to far out on a syrac it will void the warranty). You can take the DA7 apart for cleaning. It will shut the gas sys off and is totally adjustable unlike the syrac. I have no affiliation with either company. I just wished some one was there to tell me these things before I spent my money

I also run a tubbs/SSS spring and a H buffer. You should be fine with either the H/T1 or T2. The tubbs spring is stiffer but it will also compress more with out fatigue. It is the best spring out there as far as I am concerned.

I would advise spiking (pun intended) the Spikes buffer and using a properly built H/H2 buffer assembly. Granulated tungsten buffers don't work as well as the slug style assemblies.

As for the Syrac gas block, my experience has been OK. It's an adjustable gas block, no worse or better than any of the others.

Longarm-
Any ideas for a DA7 like adjustable block for a .875 diameter Grendel barrel? Checked their site and only produce .750. Have Templar Race Rail with very tight or limited space available for same. Thx.

Thanks for the feedback, Ill look into that DA7. Reckon why a granulated tungsten buffer would not be as good or better?