• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Spilled some paint on my SCAR !!!

was21

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 1, 2004
Mesa AZ USA Earth
Got out the Krylon and did a rendition of ATACS cammo on the 'Heavy'

SCARcammoed.jpg

SCARcammoedclose.jpg

Looks a little lighter in the pic than actual

wes in AZ

Re: Spilled some paint on my SCAR !!!

Looks great... Can you give us an idea how you got the pattern? I have a rifle that I want to do in the ATACS pattern.

When I spill paint, I make a mess. It never comes out looking like that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USACS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh you ruined it. Why don't you just send that over to me... </div></div>

OK..just as soon as I can figure out where I laid it down out here.

...don't have your addy though.... oh well.
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DMack</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks great... Can you give us an idea how you got the pattern? I have a rifle that I want to do in the ATACS pattern. </div></div>

Grab a drink...say "what the hell"...and get to it!

Just a base coat with some browns[khaki and cappuchino] , a little grey thrown in , then a few stripes of OD.

Then some daubing using a piece of terry type cloth using the same browns, some lighter greens and a little[think I might add a little more] of some dark brown/red primer.

Tints to taste!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: was21</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USACS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh you ruined it. Why don't you just send that over to me... </div></div>

wink.gif
</div></div>
CRAP!!
My wife won't let me buy one...
frown.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USACS</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: was21</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USACS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh you ruined it. Why don't you just send that over to me... </div></div>

wink.gif
</div></div>
CRAP!!
My wife won't let me buy one...
frown.gif
</div></div>

I guess I could do it like that new Jeep commercial.....

"It's laying out there somewhere.....If you can find it , it's yours!"

he-he

Very nice. If only I dared do this to my rifles. I have an AR I keep trying to talk myself into doing this to, I just can't see it coming out as nice as yours

Thats rather tight! Alot different then most camo jobs I see.
I receintly spilled some Krylon also...

I have seen some very impressive paint jobs with krylon - posted on various forums. But I can't even paint a model. Wish I could do it...

why do all the krylon spraying wack jobs have all the cool toys that shouldnt be desecrated...oh wait its a scar, never mind.enjoy tata

Is this sarcasm? I can't tell. A camouflaged SCAR is pretty awesome in my book.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mjbmxz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks good! I don't think I'd have the patience to do my gun that detailed. </div></div>

Took less than 30 mins!!!!!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mar2012</div><div class="ubbcode-body">why do all the krylon spraying wack jobs have all the cool toys that shouldnt be desecrated...oh wait its a scar, never mind.enjoy tata </div></div>

'wack job' ???

I'll take that as a compliment.... been called worse already today ! HA!

By the way..it isn't a toy , it's a tool.

You used a terry cloth towel - wonder how it would have come out had you used a sponge? At any rate, great work!

Well done. Bit fancy for my taste.

For the krylon haters, I like it, like the man said its a tool, I don't own museum grade firearms, just working guns, I sprayed my AR with no hesitation, its a simple way to break up the unnatural blackness, I don't worry about scratches and dings, its a $5 paint job. I can change it at will, and even take it off if I were so inclined without much effort.

Looks great. I remember when I did my first camo job, for some reason I was nervous I would hurt it or somthing.

If you haven't camoed a weapon before don't be scared, just do it, your not gonna hurt it. Just don't over spay and if it dosen't turn out how you like just put down another base coat and start over. Practice on somthing before to test out the pattern and colors; I usually use a piece of cardbord or somthing, probably not the best test material because it always looks differnt on the weapon than the cardbord but I have it works for me.

I think the hardest thing about camoing is the right color combination and not really what pattern you use or do. With the right combo and ratio of colors I think you could use any kind of patten and it sill will look good.

Krylon haters didn't know there was such a thing, how can you not like it. Man I love camoing guns now. Guns aren't meant to stay in pristine condition, they are meant to be used, scratched, beat up, spay painted and whatever else. All that matters is that they shoot straight and don't fail you. The first thing I do when I get a new gun is camo it. Love seeing camo jobs keep posting those pics.

My goodness, that's some VERY nice spilled paint. Love it!