• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Spin drift question

elmerdeer

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2008
Canada, quebec
I have shooter app on my android phone and when i do my load calculations with spin drift enabled I get at 1000yards R5.2 and L6.1. On the G7 ballistic program I get the opposite
L5.3 and R6 moa, So which one is the right one? Unless i'm doing something wrong with my inputs? My barrel is 9 twist and my bullet length is 1.432, 168berger, 280ai and MV is 2885fps.

Thank you
Elmer

Are you putting in the same twist direction, right vs left hand twist?

Does one of the programs list deflection of the bullet and the other list how much correction you have to make? Assuming you have the twist direction defined correctly as Kraig asked about.

Does one of the programs list deflection of the bullet and the other list how much correction you have to make? Assuming you have the twist direction defined correctly as Kraig asked about.
I have the twist right, but I'm not sure about the rest of it? That's whats confusing me.
Elmer