• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SPINTA PRECISION .223 WYLDE DISSIPATOR BARREL

I don't have experience with that one but I know a guy that does. It works fine for him. I've got quite a few other RLGS 16" barrels and function of the Spinta is similar to my barrels.

I have one. I don't have many rounds through it but so far it cycles my reloads just fine. I had a FSB pinned for a retro-ish look.
20230114_201015.jpg

I don't have experience with that one but I know a guy that does. It works fine for him. I've got quite a few other RLGS 16" barrels and function of the Spinta is similar to my barrels.
@TonyTheTiger Did your friend or you go with an adjustable gas block on them? Or is it just fine as is?

I have one. I don't have many rounds through it but so far it cycles my reloads just fine. I had a FSB pinned for a retro-ish look.
@Merle Who did you have fit/pin it for the FSB? That looks interesting.

He did but I don't know if it's wide open or not. AGB's are just standard kit in 3 gun land with the assumption that some tuning and parts swapping will happen.
Totally. Thanks. Most of my ARs have been for 3gun with light BCG and AGBs. I just remember reading reviews of Voodoo 16" rifle gas back in the day that wouldn't even run 55gr stuff with a standard gas block and needed 69gr to run, a longer dwell time was stated as the reason. Contrast that with this, which appears to have a larger gas port than most I've seen stated.

A straight iron sight dissipator just for fun is alluring too. Two completely different builds.

This thread raises a question for me: If the gas port is .115, does that require custom drilling the gas block to match? What about the gas tube?

This thread raises a question for me: If the gas port is .115, does that require custom drilling the gas block to match? What about the gas tube?
On most set-screw gas blocks, the gas passage that connects the gas port to the gas tube is 0.159". The ID of a gas tube is supposed to be 0.120", but some are smaller.

Reactions: Naaman
On most set-screw gas blocks, the gas passage that connects the gas port to the gas tube is 0.159". The ID of a gas tube is supposed to be 0.120", but some are smaller.
Simple enough! Thanks for the answer. (y)

Totally. Thanks. Most of my ARs have been for 3gun with light BCG and AGBs. I just remember reading reviews of Voodoo 16" rifle gas back in the day that wouldn't even run 55gr stuff with a standard gas block and needed 69gr to run, a longer dwell time was stated as the reason. Contrast that with this, which appears to have a larger gas port than most I've seen stated.
Yeah I remember those barrels being talked about on Enos back in the day. Not sure if people were just uncomfortable with the idea of drilling gas ports back then or what.
Every time I get a new 16" RLGS barrel I just assume I'll have to drill it to .100 or so and fine tune with an AGB.

Reactions: MustangGreg66