• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

spiraled bolt..

Re: spiraled bolt..

seen one not sure who made it,now im kicking myself for not asking where he got it,want one for my savage now
ill let you know when i find out

The kid out west does. I think is straight shot or something like that? I'll look around.

Roger that fellas,i have seen one on a rifle here on the hide but i cant figure out what to search for.If you guys figure out anything let me know.........thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RADcustom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Try Kampfeld Custom. He does spiral fluting. </div></div>

Thanks bro i will look that up......I could be wrong on this but i think someone makes a after market bolt body with the flutes spiraled in it.All you have to do is put your bolt head,handle and knob,etc.etc.on it.

Oh yeah some search fu master must find out who is doing them. I need one too. My smith can straight flute one but he doesnt have the million dollar power dividing head to do spiral flutes. I may be able to talk him into straight fluting one for me and post some pics if there is interest in that let me know. He loves to work on Savages anyway and has several bolt bodies lying around. That way if it doesnt turn out how I want it...it aint on my bolt.

karl at Kampfeld Custom has it down

PC280025.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shootone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">karl at Kampfeld Custom has it down

PC280025.jpg
</div></div>

Yes he does.
Anyone have a link for him?Or better yet a phone number.Every time i do a search on the net all i come up with is different forums showing his work.......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RADcustom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm feeling generous.

Kampfeld Custom </div></div>
You are the man,thanks hell as good as that bolt looks i might splurge and get a barrel done also.Looks to me like he knows his shit.......thanks again

Here is a Bolt Kampfeld did for me. Karl skeletonized the handle, hollowed out the handle, bead blasted the bolt and then spiral flutted the bolt. All this great work cost me around $150, some of the best money I have ever spent.

DSCI0029-1.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ncyotecaller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is a Bolt Kampfeld did for me. Karl skeletonized the handle, hollowed out the handle, bead blasted the bolt and then spiral flutted the bolt. All this great work cost me around $150, some of the best money I have ever spent.

DSCI0029-1.jpg
</div></div>

I agree,that looks great