• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Spoke with federal today at NRA about Federal small and large rifle match grade primers.

Kirkd

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 25, 2013
Greenwood, IN
As in the post. Federal said that they were canalbalising them for the increased demand for match grade ammo. What was interesting is that CCI were with them. I asked and they are owned by the same parent company. Just thought I would pass along the info that I was told.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ATK---Alliant Techsystems--owns CCI, Federal, Alliant powder, Speer, Weaver, Outers and several others. They also make things like propulsion systems for hellfire missiles and the Bushmaster automatic cannons.

Product Listing | ATK

ATK---Alliant Techsystems--owns CCI, Federal, Alliant powder, Speer, Weaver, Outers and several others. They also make things like propulsion systems for hellfire missiles and the Bushmaster automatic cannons.

Product Listing | ATK

So would it be safe to say that FGMM probably uses some type of Alliant powder in them? (For those who are trying to replicate FGMM loads)

So would it be safe to say that FGMM probably uses some type of Alliant powder in them? (For those who are trying to replicate FGMM loads)

I don't know what they use now, but my 175gr. FGMM from a couple years ago had what looked and measured like RL-15, and the web is full of sites and posts stating RL-15 is what they use(ed?). My old 168 gr. FGMM had IMR4064 in it at that time (from 20 years ago).

There are several threads on here about the FGMM loads. Search function should find them.

If I remember right CCI bought Federal Primer Division in 2004. That's when all the Federal Match primers changed.

If I remember right CCI bought Federal Primer Division in 2004. That's when all the Federal Match primers changed.

But, if that's true, it's not to be inferred that CCI-BR2 and Fed210Ms have the same burn characteristics, right? From what I understand, the 210M is much hotter than the CCI-BR2.