• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sponsor Dashboard Page

Oddball Six

Commander of Meh
Minuteman
Apr 2, 2010
40°25′N, 104°43′W
Ll, would like to suggest as an added value to your sponsors, a sticky thread in each forum that lists the sponsor name ana link to them for that area. Sponsors can chose up to X forums to show up in the listing for.

Plus a dashboard style page somewhere on the site that lists the sponsors by category of goods. sponsors can only choose one main category on that page.

Value to you is another tangible commercial benefit for sponsors that costs you nothing. Also opens up the chance to either recognise or sell access to being the 'featured' vendor in a given area, which means they appear first in the category with a short marking blurb and a logo.

Thought of this today when searching for ammo makers and realized i couldnt think of what other hide sponsors are in that category except southwest.

Last edited:
Not sure i understand ?

I plan on offering some sponsors a personalized section at the bottom where the category says Sponsors, to separate them out from the Commercial Sales section.

What is the dashboard you are talking about ? I still way behind the vBulletin curve

Sorry for the delay in addressing this. In reading my original message, certainly I would say the clarity is in question :D

So the idea is this, really two ideas:

Item 1: On the more general snipers hide site as a content page with a link off the home page is a "sponsors" page. A kind of dashboard that highlights all of the sponsors in a table of different categories.
- Community members get one-stop location to get the sponsor list, complete with links to thier site(s) and/or contact information if you wanted to.
- Sponsors get a basic listing in a directory-type format that allows quick access when someone is looking for something. You could say that a sponsor should choose a "primary area" to list in the categories on that page.
- You get a new way of potentially introducing new ad types or differentiating between existing ad offerings. You could make someone a featured sponsor in a given category with a logo and top-of-list privileges. You could have a "platinum level" or some such where they get to be riding atop the page above all of the categories with a larger logo and a short marketing blurb, and something you say about how they are helping take the site forward.

Item 2: A new locked sticky thread in each forum on the site, with the sponsor list for that forum - or - a forum level announcement block used for the same purpose. (Difference is an announcement block is visible on every page all the time, albeit at the expense of turning off some users who may not like seeing a sponsor listing bloating the already tall header on this site.)
- Sponsors could pick up to X number of forums to be shown in the thread for, with ability to "buy" additional forum listings for a tiny additional sponsorship increment.
- Forum-goers get the benefit of an integrated ability to access the sponsors within the format they are already using (e.g. the site). You are on the ammo forum, you can click the thread to see who sponsors the hide for ammo sales. Bolt actions, you get GAP and everyone else. Gunsmithing, any number of vendors listed, with locations, and contact info. Scopes, same thing. You get the idea.
- Adds the ability to integrate with idea 1, so that sponsor packages can potentially include different numbers of forums to list in, and "directory"/"dashboard" visibility.